The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) TOR-VAN

GM PLACE ROCKS

Probably sucking up to Benning, since Burkie has his new boytoy Treliving in Calgary.

Looking to leech off someone else, for future employment when he gets canned in Toronto....which should be soon.

Sorry Dave, I think you ran out of lifeline. I pretty sure McDonald's is hiring

He's in Edmonton to scout the Oilers, nothing with the nux. it's been mentioned out east. Gardiner has played with Schultz could be something in the works there with him going to the Oil.

As for the nux besides Reilly and maybe Bozak to a lesser extent nothing from the Leafs is worth talking about!!

They did show Nonis at two different times talking to Benning and then Linden which is curious. Could be nothing but could be something as well! Anyone think Bieksa is a possibility ? A long shot for sure but he's been demoted to the third unit two seasons running and his perceived value is pretty high after his top pairing role on team canada and don cherry and torontos fans gushing over him. Who knows , maybe I'm grasping here

My speculation,

Edmonton: Clarkson + Gardiner + Rielly

Toronto: Eberle + ???

Eberle is basically a 30 goal scorer so Edmonton would want a good return. Seeing as how Edmonton has been terrible defensively, they ask for one capable defender and a highly touted and proven prospect with full NHL season under his belt. Clarkson is a salary dump but I think Clarkson might actually help the Oilers quite a lot. He is not a second liner but he is an effective third liner with grit. Oilers don't have much of those.

Now the trade is a bit lopsided in favor of the Oilers, so they must give up someone to make it fair. Probably a 2nd round pick or... Darnell Nurse?

Anyways, I think Nonis wouldn't make the trip to Edmonoton if it wasn't a trade of big magnitude.

They did show Nonis at two different times talking to Benning and then Linden which is curious. Could be nothing but could be something as well! Anyone think Bieksa is a possibility ? A long shot for sure but he's been demoted to the third unit two seasons running and his perceived value is pretty high after his top pairing role on team canada and don cherry and torontos fans gushing over him. Who knows , maybe I'm grasping here

He is asking Benning on how to make a trade without looking foolish and as for Linden telling him he tried to trade for him and is happy that Gillis is gone. Nothing is in the works for a trade with Canucks, just catching up with old friends

Archived