The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) TOR-VAN

GM PLACE ROCKS

no way they give up jvr for hansen and kassian i wish dont get me wrong i like kassian but jvr would cost tanev and kass

I feel like dreaming a bit tonight. JVR for Edler straight across :bigblush:

We keep Kass and Tanev and Honey badger and get JVR. Its a win win situation

Anyone think Jensen in a package could get Gardiner or Franson? Looks at our needs Franson fills one since he's a RH shot.

Hamhuis - Franson

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Bieksa

I must say that looks really well-rounded.

if you meant Stanton-Sbisa. Otherwise that is not well-rounded cuz Sbisa has been brutal

They did show Nonis at two different times talking to Benning and then Linden which is curious. Could be nothing but could be something as well! Anyone think Bieksa is a possibility ? A long shot for sure but he's been demoted to the third unit two seasons running and his perceived value is pretty high after his top pairing role on team canada and don cherry and torontos fans gushing over him. Who knows , maybe I'm grasping here

If we are moving Bieksa, we better get Reilly back. Bieksa is heart and soul, pp and pk, tough, shoots right...

They did show Nonis at two different times talking to Benning and then Linden which is curious. Could be nothing but could be something as well! Anyone think Bieksa is a possibility ? A long shot for sure but he's been demoted to the third unit two seasons running and his perceived value is pretty high after his top pairing role on team canada and don cherry and torontos fans gushing over him. Who knows , maybe I'm grasping here

I think GM's talk to each other all the time, If Nonis is scouting someone personally it would more likely be an Oiler,

But he would definitely drop by to chat with Trevbenning, it would probably be considered rude if he didn't.

I think GM's talk to each other all the time, If Nonis is scouting someone personally it would more likely be an Oiler,

But he would definitely drop by to chat with Trevbenning, it would probably be considered rude if he didn't.

I would agree with you but both teams seem to be in the market for similar things. Both edmonton and toronto need defensive d and we just so happen to have some. We have 5 d with similar skill sets and are sorely lacking an offensive defenseman and it just so happens that toronto had two for trade. Now Id obviously much rather have Gardiner, but if Franson could be had for a c prospect or a pick Id be all over that.

You are probably right though that he's there for edmonton but it's curious that he was shown in the canucks box having two separate conversations with Benning and Linden. It's fun to speculate either way

Probably sucking up to Benning, since Burkie has his new boytoy Treliving in Calgary.

Looking to leech off someone else, for future employment when he gets canned in Toronto....which should be soon.

Sorry Dave, I think you ran out of lifeline. I pretty sure McDonald's is hiring

:lol:

There has been buzz out of TO for years about Bieksa. Good player; I can see why they want him.

Can we really afford to give him up though? That leaves us with 190'ish lb Weber and Tanev as our right D shots. Franson could come back someone might retort. But he's a sloppy player as much as he produces. Not up to the value of a Bieksa.

Nor can TO really afford to give up Kadri which gets widely speculated. For all perceived faults, they are very weak at center.

What might make sense is Mathias plus Weber for Franson. Everything does not have to be block buster. They desperately need speed and mobility at center ice. Plus I think it was Kozun who was taken out with his leg looking pretty smashed? And Booth is out. They need help up front full stop. Tinker with some other pics and prospects to get values right if need be. Franson is a big right handed shot for our PP who can be buried on our 3rd pair to shelter his defensive issues. Mathias leaving creates space for our young guys Horvat and Jensen.

Danny / Hank / Vrbata

Higgins / Bonino / Jensen

Burrows / Horvat / Vey

Dorsett / Richardson / Kassian

Hansen - Sestito

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Edler / Tanev

Sbisa / Franson

Stanton

Archived