The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) TOR-VAN

GM PLACE ROCKS

:lol:

There has been buzz out of TO for years about Bieksa. Good player; I can see why they want him.

Can we really afford to give him up though? That leaves us with 190'ish lb Weber and Tanev as our right D shots. Franson could come back someone might retort. But he's a sloppy player as much as he produces. Not up to the value of a Bieksa.

Nor can TO really afford to give up Kadri which gets widely speculated. For all perceived faults, they are very weak at center.

What might make sense is Mathias plus Weber for Franson. Everything does not have to be block buster. They desperately need speed and mobility at center ice. Plus I think it was Kozun who was taken out with his leg looking pretty smashed? And Booth is out. They need help up front full stop. Tinker with some other pics and prospects to get values right if need be. Franson is a big right handed shot for our PP who can be buried on our 3rd pair to shelter his defensive issues. Mathias leaving creates space for our young guys Horvat and Jensen.

Danny / Hank / Vrbata

Higgins / Bonino / Jensen

Burrows / Horvat / Vey

Dorsett / Richardson / Kassian

Hansen - Sestito

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Edler / Tanev

Sbisa / Franson

Stanton

Stanton has looked good this year, far better then Sbisa. If we bring in Franson (not likely) we need to move out Sbisa or Stanton cause neither belongs in the press box. Sbisa largely because it looks bad on Benning. Stanton cause he's actually good.

Stanton has looked good this year, far better then Sbisa. If we bring in Franson (not likely) we need to move out Sbisa or Stanton cause neither belongs in the press box. Sbisa largely because it looks bad on Benning. Stanton cause he's actually good.

The team always needs at least on credible extra D?

:lol:

There has been buzz out of TO for years about Bieksa. Good player; I can see why they want him.

Can we really afford to give him up though? That leaves us with 190'ish lb Weber and Tanev as our right D shots. Franson could come back someone might retort. But he's a sloppy player as much as he produces. Not up to the value of a Bieksa.

Nor can TO really afford to give up Kadri which gets widely speculated. For all perceived faults, they are very weak at center.

What might make sense is Mathias plus Weber for Franson. Everything does not have to be block buster. They desperately need speed and mobility at center ice. Plus I think it was Kozun who was taken out with his leg looking pretty smashed? And Booth is out. They need help up front full stop. Tinker with some other pics and prospects to get values right if need be. Franson is a big right handed shot for our PP who can be buried on our 3rd pair to shelter his defensive issues. Mathias leaving creates space for our young guys Horvat and Jensen.

Danny / Hank / Vrbata

Higgins / Bonino / Jensen

Burrows / Horvat / Vey

Dorsett / Richardson / Kassian

Hansen - Sestito

Hamhuis / Bieksa

Edler / Tanev

Sbisa / Franson

Stanton

Sbisa - Franson is a disaster waiting to happen...

It would take a lot to lure out Morgan Reilly out of Nonis hands. If Edler or Bieksa waive that would be a start.

Van:

Bieksa

Mathias

2nd

Gaunce

Toronto:

Reilly

Franson

Or my Edmonton-Vancouver-Toronto pipedream.

Edmonton Recieves:

Gardiner

Vancouver 2nd

Toronto 3rd

Bonino

Toronto Recieves

Bieksa

Mathias

Jeff Petry

Edmonton 2nd

Vancouver Recieves:

Franson

Eberle

It would take a lot to lure out Morgan Reilly out of Nonis hands. If Edler or Bieksa waive that would be a start.

Van:

Bieksa

Mathias

2nd

Gaunce

Toronto:

Reilly

Franson

Or my Edmonton-Vancouver-Toronto pipedream.

Edmonton Recieves:

Gardiner

Vancouver 2nd

Toronto 3rd

Bonino

Toronto Recieves

Bieksa

Mathias

Jeff Petry

Edmonton 2nd

Vancouver Recieves:

Franson

Eberle

So vancouver gives up Bieksa, Mathias, Bonino and a 2nd for Eberle and Franson (who's on a horrible contract)?

Archived