The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) TOR-VAN

GM PLACE ROCKS

toronto players id be interested in

reilly

nylander

jvr

probably the three untouchable players on leafs but get nonis wasted on irish whiskey

steal them then offer him a position in player developement at the donut shop

personally thank nonis for setting back leafs another 15 yrs

There's a handful of leaf players ibwould take in Gardiner, Bozak, Kadri, Pupil and Franson. I'm just concerned that in both scenes it's Nonis doing the talking. What does he want from the Canucks? Lack would probably be a starter there, Tanev gains a lot of interest league wide for the movement to advanced stats, Vey is looking like a steal. Would you part with any of our young players?

This just has me thinking there's no deal to be made here.

At this point in the season, I really don't see any trades happening anytime soon, especially for Van...Pretty sure Nonis was asking Benning if he had any tums on him.

Horvat forces a possible trade unless you send him back for a 4th year junior. I think a center could be dealt for a dman (Gardiner) that has options.

I think Nonis is looking for a goaltender, and Lack would be his first choice. He has good reason to think the Canucks like to give all their good goalies away for nothing.

I think it's a 3 way trade involving Canucks, Oilers and Laffs....

Lack to Edm

Eberle to Tor

Franson to Van

or something crazy like that

Benning: "You've got something on your tie there Dave."

Nonis: "Oh, thanks.. I had some leftover turkey for dinner."

Benning: "Ahh."

CDC: "OMFFFFFGOD!!!1!! The Sedins are traded for Reimer?!?! NOOOOOOOOOO!"

Benning: "What are you doing in Edmonton?"

Nonis: "They have really good turkey leftovers in Edomnton. "

Benning: "Better than the ones in Toronto?"

Nonis: "Well, duh. Obviously they are better if I'm going to fly to thousands of miles to a remote sh*thole rather than walk to my fridge. Jeez. 'Are they better'? How stupid would it be for me to fly to Edmonton for turkey leftovers if they weren't better? Sheesh."

Benniing: "Uhhh. . ."

The only guys I'd want from them they probably wouldn't trade. JVR/Reilly ect. Gardiner may add something we kinda lack but he's not the major improvement I'd cough up a good young player for. I'm just not sold on him.

I dont think Edmonton would really want him either. They need rock solid vets that can carry the weight. Throwing gardiner into the mess of that team isn't going to help. If they trade one of those young stars they better get a top pairing dman back.

My speculation,

Edmonton: Clarkson + Gardiner + Rielly

Toronto: Eberle + ???

Eberle is basically a 30 goal scorer so Edmonton would want a good return. Seeing as how Edmonton has been terrible defensively, they ask for one capable defender and a highly touted and proven prospect with full NHL season under his belt. Clarkson is a salary dump but I think Clarkson might actually help the Oilers quite a lot. He is not a second liner but he is an effective third liner with grit. Oilers don't have much of those.

Now the trade is a bit lopsided in favor of the Oilers, so they must give up someone to make it fair. Probably a 2nd round pick or... Darnell Nurse?

Anyways, I think Nonis wouldn't make the trip to Edmonoton if it wasn't a trade of big magnitude.

Both teams are looking to trade for defense, both teams have explosive scoring, just no D to back it up. A trade for a shut down center or shut down D is what they are looking for, in my humble opinion.

Now look at Vancouver, lacking mid 6 scoring scoring, and having an abundance of D-men *not prospects thought* So you could be looking at a trade for a prospect D or top 6 scoring in exchange for a vet D.

Both teams are looking to trade for defense, both teams have explosive scoring, just no D to back it up. A trade for a shut down center or shut down D is what they are looking for, in my humble opinion.

Now look at Vancouver, lacking mid 6 scoring scoring, and having an abundance of D-men *not prospects thought* So you could be looking at a trade for a prospect D or top 6 scoring in exchange for a vet D.

TOR has defense as well just none that are really good at D besides maybe Polak. However they are stacked with offensive minded defenseman especially now that Percy's showing his colours. I am sure they are more than willing to part with one of them.

I don't think any of our defense will waive their NTC. If they need defensive help.

That leaves Tanev as our best trade asset at D and we shouldn't be willing to part with him unless he is overpaid for.

We want Tanev to be a part of our blueline in our future. Hammer and Juice only have so many years left in them and solid right handed defensemen are not a dime a dozen.

Archived