The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT (Canucks VS Oilers) It's a win!

KingAlex

Sure glad i was wrong about thinking we'd play a bad game tonight. The Sedins and Vrbata continued to run show which is great to see, would love it if it continued throughout the whole season. Could be a bad season if we don't get much production from the other lines though. I think they'll get it together. Burrows and Bonino looked good, creating chances and what not, just didn't get the finish. I still think Kassian will improve his play and start potting in some timely goals. I have a feeling Higgins will start finding the back of the net soon.

We played excellent defensively tonight. Great penalty killing and were normally always able to get it out of the zone. Miller didn't have to face to many great opportunities, his positioning was good and made all the saves when he had to earning him the shut out.The defense did a great job keeping the Oilers to the outside. Made it look like there attack was non existant.. What makes this all more impressive was that they did this all with only 5 dmen. Even when we were down to 4. I say that this was Bieksa's best game of the year so far. Wasn't super thrilled with Tanev's game tonight but he was fine. Sbisa still has his moments of looking anxious and being a bit nervous in his own zone but for the most part still played decent. Didn't notice much Edler tonight, but I don't think he made much or any mistakes. Hamhuis was Hamhuis, good on him for coming back and continuing to play well after that stick to the face.

Tomorrow is when the season really starts. Canucks still need to sharpen up on defence and get some secondary scoring, but aside from that, this team has been a fun one to watch. Good start for the new regime.

The Canucks played pretty well tonight, but yea they will have to play better to beat Tampa. I've watched some Oilers game this week during the Canucks time off and this was definitely their best game of the season. Maybe the Oilers can only have one of two things though. Offense or defense. Tonight they went with defense. Not having Hunt or Nurse in the lineup may have helped them.

Sure glad i was wrong about thinking we'd play a bad game tonight. The Sedins and Vrbata continued to run show which is great to see, would love it if it continued throughout the whole season. Could be a bad season if we don't get much production from the other lines though. I think they'll get it together. Burrows and Bonino looked good, creating chances and what not, just didn't get the finish. I still think Kassian will improve his play and start potting in some timely goals. I have a feeling Higgins will start finding the back of the net soon.

We played excellent defensively tonight. Great penalty killing and were normally always able to get it out of the zone. Miller didn't have to face to many great opportunities, his positioning was good and made all the saves when he had to earning him the shut out.The defense did a great job keeping the Oilers to the outside. Made it look like there attack was non existant.. What makes this all more impressive was that they did this all with only 5 dmen. Even when we were down to 4. I say that this was Bieksa's best game of the year so far. Wasn't super thrilled with Tanev's game tonight but he was fine. Sbisa still has his moments of looking anxious and being a bit nervous in his own zone but for the most part still played decent. Didn't notice much Edler tonight, but I don't think he made much or any mistakes. Hamhuis was Hamhuis, good on him for coming back and continuing to play well after that stick to the face.

Although there was nothing wrong with Kassiansn's game tonight, he just looks so lackadaisical out there sometimes. Would love to see him play the game with Burrows type intensity from time to time.

Would also like to see him on the 2nd, he'll have more opportunities to use his incredible passing skills, and maybe playing with Burrows some intensity will rub off on him.

The Canucks played pretty well tonight, but yea they will have to play better to beat Tampa. I've watched some Oilers game this week during the Canucks time off and this was definitely their best game of the season. Maybe the Oilers can only have one of two things though. Offense or defense. Tonight they went with defense. Not having Hunt or Nurse in the lineup may have helped them.

Agreed, it seemed like they were taking this game seriously, probably trying to save Scrivens

Although there was nothing wrong with Kassiansn's game tonight, he just looks so lackadaisical out there sometimes. Would love to see him play the game with Burrows type intensity from time to time.

Would also like to see him on the 2nd, he'll have more opportunities to use his incredible passing skills, and maybe playing with Burrows some intensity will rub off on him.

Problem is that he isnt Burr..he is Kass..he is 6f 3i and 230..Burr isnt and can play that checking ,hustle role,,,thus he kills penalties...I agree he should go to the 2nd line,,why not play to this kids strengths...I will say one thing,,if he hit Hall tonight instead of Hall dodging...Hall would be on the IR.

Problem is that he isnt Burr..he is Kass..he is 6f 3i and 230..Burr isnt and can play that checking ,hustle role,,,thus he kills penalties...I agree he should go to the 2nd line,,why not play to this kids strengths...I will say one thing,,if he hit Hall tonight instead of Hall dodging...Hall would be on the IR.

Hall is lucky he dodged that.

Hall plays a courageous (but reckless) game, I am always afraid he will end up like Eric Lindros.

Remember when BanTSN said that in the event of an expansion we should leave the Sedins unprotected as no one would want them cause they suck. Oh and he kept blabbering about Vrbata having 1 goal in 16 games

I can't believe someone actually said that. No one with the right mind would...

we got spoiled with Burr becoming a goal scorer..his claim to fame without the Sedins was hustle and timely goals.

Right, that's why I think Burrows should be tried the third line checking role.

I would try switching Vey and Burrows and try

Higgins-Bonino-Vey

Burrows-Richardson-Kassian

Although we won, can't help but feel concerned about lack of secondary scoring. I must say Higgins-Bonino-Burrows played well but failed to create any grade A chances against a team with relatively weak defence.

So is Lu going to be slagged every time Miller has a good game? Well, since you brought it up ... Lu did get a shutout too tonight.

And isn't it a wonder how Lu sucked his way into being the all-time winningest active goalie in the NHL today (now that Brodeur is not playing)? Must've been his panicked sprawl technique!

I'd also like to add it was Luongos 67th shutout, more than double Millers. I can't believe "Fans" are still bashing Luo.

Had tape over Kesler's name, had Vrbata's name replaced with a sharpie. Vrbata scored, I cheered, Oilers fan chirped me told me to go F myself, no way Canucks were going to win that game. Kept egging me on throughout the game, Sedin scored empty netter, turned around, he was gone.

LOLOL :towel:::D:P:lol:

Archived