The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT (Canucks VS Oilers) It's a win!

KingAlex

Lowe hired McTavish--- that makes Lowe an incompentent hockey man. McTavish hired Eakins--- that makes McTavish an incompetent hockey man. And Eakins, well, how to say it politely?

The owners in Edmonton need to do a complete overall on the management. Like we just had. Start with a new president, who will then hire a new GM, who will then hire a new coach. Top to bottom, revamp the team.

Very encouraged by the strong defensive play overall. I'm quite concerned that Sbisa is a very bad defenseman. I like his physicality, but he seems to always turn it over and also gets caught flat footed two or three times a game. IE tonight on Draisaitl and Saturday on Yakupov's goal.

Oilers have tons of issues. I thought Yakupov was clearly the second best forward outside of Hall. I don't think RNH and Eberle are actually all that good. Would be secondary players on a better team. Hall flies around though. You can notice him on every shift basically. Their defense is awful. On the Vrbata goal, both Fayne and Purcell follow the puck and completely disregard their surroundings. Too many players that have lost for too long.

Your bias is letting you down and you need to start watching the game.

Sbisa had a pretty good game, one real mistake (where he over committed to the shot) last night on a night of multiple giveaways by both sets of players.

Sbisa was strong and got most of his passes out pretty well. Give the guy a chance and let's stop looking for this season's scapegoat.

Well I'll admit it I can't help but feel a bit sorry for the Alberta teams... they're in an absolute hole right now and nothing is going right for them :/

Anyway, Vrbata, always one of the most pesky and noticeable players on the Coyotes, is doing quite well as are the Sedins, great to see from the start. And it was perhaps Miller's best game so far, he also looked zoned and did well. Can't complain yet!

Great game by Miller tonight. He was rock solid. Good game overall, nice work on the first line and with Vrbata's goal. But like another poster commented, the second line is gonna have to step it up.

To be fair they are probably the line that has most ground to make up and a load of responsibility. Burr is coming back from a nightmare, and getting to know a new line mate and a new system, Bonino is also playing with new line mates and Higgins unfortunately is just too inconsistent to be on the 2nd imo.

I like Higgins effort but there are too many games where you just don't notice him. In an ideal world we would drop Higgins down a line or trade him in a package for someone more potent or maybe even bring Shink up after a spell in Utica.

Big takeawayS for me....

Sure we've had 3 games against weak opponents but

1. We have 3 wins. Need to win the games you should

2. We won a game we shouldnt have last comeback, Miller calls himself out

3. Miller comes back with a great game and a shutout

4. I am seeing the development of 4 REAL lines that are all bringing something different to the team, that seem to be starting to find some chemistry and starting to all contribute and understand their roles, something Torts couldn't establish in a full season....and its only been 3 games.

5. Need to settle down defensively still, alot of odd mans being given up and zone coverage errors at times, but that is part of the learning process of a new system

6. Loved the way the 4th line contributed tonight, that was a REAL 4th line...

7. The triplets, well what can you say...where are those Sedin bashers now? lol...and Vrbata? I thought he was simply a good 2 way 30 goal man...clealry playing with no talent in Arizona hid a gem, this guy has 40 goal talent, he reminds my of Hejduk in his prime..pure smarts and hands...a treat to watch those guys together.

8. Burr Burr Burr..so many little things he did tonight..haters gonna hate, Burr is back

9. Kassian - terrific game, offensively dominant at times from the 3rd line, noticable, drove the play, controlled the puck, really liked that line as a whole

10. Tanev...like a glass of the finest 30 yr old scotch that kid

Loved it, this is a team finally!!! Love these guys...play with that effort, heart, I dont care if we win or lose. FINALLY, FINALLY, OUR BOYS ARE PLAYING CANUCK HOCKEY!!!

I love Kassian's "hitch kick step off" as he powers his way up the ice. He needs to do a lot more of that and if he does I would prefer him on the 2nd to Higgins.

Did anyone else notice the speed Vbrata has on the breakaway. We tend to think of him as a cerebral sniper but he can certainly move when he needs to.

Sigh....as much as some people think, the answer does not lie with Martin Brodeur.

He is a very accomplished goaltender, no doubt. Having said that, he spent decades behind a great defensive system.

Put Brodeur on the Oilers and he will get lit up like a Christmas tree, sad to say, but true.

Pretty much any goaltender would at this point. I think a 40-something Brodeur is still slightly better than their goaltending now, but I guess it's a gamble.

Easily Miller's best game thus far, and he was a rock tonight. I thought the Canucks gave way too many pucks away and way too many odd man rushes, but Miller was calm and in position for it all.

The Sedin line showed up yet again and won the game for us... I *love* seeing the Sedins back to their old selves and Vrbata accel, but we'll need all lines firing tomorrow against a much more formidable opponent in Stamkos and the Lightning. I hope it's a good game.

To anyone saying the Oil should get Brodeur, I don't think that's going to happen. Brodeur wants to go to a team that's a contender so he can have a last chance at a Cup.

On top of that, he won't solve their issues. At his age, I doubt he'd fare better than Fasth or Scrivens in their net. They're too horrible defensively for even Marty to keep it out.

Although there was nothing wrong with Kassiansn's game tonight, he just looks so lackadaisical out there sometimes. Would love to see him play the game with Burrows type intensity from time to time.

Would also like to see him on the 2nd, he'll have more opportunities to use his incredible passing skills, and maybe playing with Burrows some intensity will rub off on him.

Umm not sure what game you were watching but Kassian had one of his strongest efforts I've seen. Involved, controlling the puck, using his speed, no turnovers, threw a few hits, made 3-4 very nice plays to set up scoring chances...

I really don't get Vancouver fans, unless the kid plays like a Cam Neely/Lemieux hybrid he sucks...wow let the hate go...

He is a hell of a player and has played very very well so far in the three games this season

Very encouraged by the strong defensive play overall. I'm quite concerned that Sbisa is a very bad defenseman. I like his physicality, but he seems to always turn it over and also gets caught flat footed two or three times a game. IE tonight on Draisaitl and Saturday on Yakupov's goal.

Oilers have tons of issues. I thought Yakupov was clearly the second best forward outside of Hall. I don't think RNH and Eberle are actually all that good. Would be secondary players on a better team. Hall flies around though. You can notice him on every shift basically. Their defense is awful. On the Vrbata goal, both Fayne and Purcell follow the puck and completely disregard their surroundings. Too many players that have lost for too long.

I have to disagree with RNH. I think he, outside of Hall, is Edmontons best forward. Still needs to add a ton of strength and work on his defensive game but he's very noticeable, creates chances everytime he has the puck, and works hard. Has a ton of talent too :P

This year Edmonton will have to part ways with IMO Yak or Eberle. They are freakin horrible defensively and need a top 2 d man ASAP if they want any hope in hell. Despite all the talent, Ebs seems to have regressed in the past couple years and as stated before you gotta give up something to get something. Plus Edmonton needs a full overhaul in the front office and I mean every single one piece of management has to go or this won't work. I hate to say it but I'm sick of seeing Edmonton so bad. Like when will they figure it out?

I have to disagree with RNH. I think he, outside of Hall, is Edmontons best forward. Still needs to add a ton of strength and work on his defensive game but he's very noticeable, creates chances everytime he has the puck, and works hard. Has a ton of talent too :P

This year Edmonton will have to part ways with IMO Yak or Eberle. They are freakin horrible defensively and need a top 2 d man ASAP if they want any hope in hell. Despite all the talent, Ebs seems to have regressed in the past couple years and as stated before you gotta give up something to get something. Plus Edmonton needs a full overhaul in the front office and I mean every single one piece of management has to go or this won't work. I hate to say it but I'm sick of seeing Edmonton so bad. Like when will they figure it out?

Nonis was there to watch Edmonton...both teams need overhauls and quickly...and both have assets the other side would covet

Probably a trade coming soon.

Eberle and a pick for Phaenuf and Reimer?

So is Lu going to be slagged every time Miller has a good game? Well, since you brought it up ... Lu did get a shutout too tonight.

And isn't it a wonder how Lu sucked his way into being the all-time winningest active goalie in the NHL today (now that Brodeur is not playing)? Must've been his panicked sprawl technique!

Give a 2-3 more seasons and he'll have the all time most losses for a goaltender as well which might overtake his number of all time wins. I'm sure the sprawled technique may have something to do with that too ;) Should get him in the HHOF at least, lol!

Good to get the win but I think the canucks have some decisions to make here shortly

That was the worst I've seen vey play. He belongs at center

Richardson was invisible last night. He's a 4th line center

The 2nd line needs a goal scorer not a line of grinders and not kassian he's a play maker

Lines need to get moved around a bit and chemistry formed

I'm a huge Jensen for the 2nd line fan myself adds a dynamic shooters element we are missing out there

Sedin Sedin vrbata

Burrows bonino Jensen

Higgins vey kassian

Matthias Richardson Hansen Dorset

Make a trade too many players with Horvat coming back

Your bias is letting you down and you need to start watching the game.

Sbisa had a pretty good game, one real mistake (where he over committed to the shot) last night on a night of multiple giveaways by both sets of players.

Sbisa was strong and got most of his passes out pretty well. Give the guy a chance and let's stop looking for this season's scapegoat.

Anyone else notice the size of Sbisa's hands and knuckles in the interview? I'm thinking, that's why he doesn't mind dropping the gloves sometimes.

Archived