The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Dallas Oct. 21st

Kryten

Dallas 4 - Canucks 3

Seguin - Spezza - Benn was the Stars top line last game and did that ever work for them.

Dallas depth will out play us, if the Stars play the Sedins vs the Stars top line it will be game over. They are faster, stronger and have more scoring skill.

We'll need a solid defensive performance as Dallas are a very good offensive team. We'll need to have our guys going as well offensively.

I believe in us to get the job done but I'm still going to call Dallas 3-2. I think penalties will cost us.

Dallas 4 - Canucks 3

Seguin - Spezza - Benn was the Stars top line last game and did that ever work for them.

Dallas depth will out play us, if the Stars play the Sedins vs the Stars top line it will be game over. They are faster, stronger and have more scoring skill.

Individually it worked out great , but they collapsed in the third and lost the game.

The Stars are very front heavy - their defense is not that great. It'll be up to our defense to contain DAL's offense and our offense to expose DAL's defense. Miller and Lehtonen are about even IMO.

The best thing that could have happened for the Canucks is that the Central division got a lot stronger though. It should be a bloodfest between DAL, NSH, MIN and COL behind CHI and STL. Last season both the wild card teams were from Central, but with them beating each other to death, VAN just might be able to sneak in as the 8th slot if they can manage to pull of a few more wins against the Cali team, which I think they should be able to do.

I'd like to see a middle six of:

Higgins Bonino Vey

Burrows Richardson Kassian

Since Vey doesn't play left wing, but Burrows can, it might make more sense.

Also, with Horvat being assigned to Utica for up to 2 weeks, can we not recall a player like Jensen until then?

Archived