The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horton's Back Injury Could End Career

elvis15

Going to bump this thread.

Saw this article on Horton today. Just awful. I feel bad for the dude.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2014/11/13/1113-blue-jackets-horton.html

Absolutely terrible. Feel so sorry for him. It sounds like a brutal decision to make, but he'll have to get that surgery, whether he likes it or not. He's delaying the inevitable.

The way he sounds, it seems like this is it - he's just holding on for a miracle at this point and pushing the inevitable as far back as possible. Knowing the implications (retirement) of the back surgery, I feel for the guy.

Best of luck to Nate in his life. Maybe there will be a miracle, but it seems like his career will be cut short.

Man that sucks. Hope he can recover. My stepfather's back basically gave out on him, albeit much later (mid-60s) so I saw first hand what this is like. Beyond the basic physical pain, there's huge frustration not being able to do the simple things for yourself like tying your shoes or moving around the house. It can easily lead to serious depression, even moreso for a young athlete who's used to being in peak physical condition I'd imagine.

Rough way to go out, young enough you think you could play, and trying to get past what seems like an innocuous injury for his shoulder and groin and this creeps up on you instead. At least he seems to have the option where he can fix it to the point of being able to live his life rather than having to live this way whatever he chooses.

Archived