The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 3 Dallas 6

Dumb Nuck

Some unlucky breaks, botched chances, and blown calls. I thought the boys played real well despite getting shelled. Hopefully they can bury the chances they get in St. Louis on Thursday.

No need to worry. It's one game over a season and I'm sure we'll have a game that goes the other way too! Let's just hope for our sake it's at home and fans get their money's worth!

They dominated us when they felt like it and when the game was out of reach they eased off. We showed some resiliency but I think that appearance has more to do with their sense of respect and not wanting to demolish us rather than us fighting back. Nothing really changed intensity wise throughout the entire game. But really, this game just emphasized what we already knew.

Sedins and Vrbata are solid.

Vey is solid.

Kassian is solid.

Our second line is soft as hell.

Our defence (I don't buy the 'they're learning a new system BS') looks really haphazard out there. Not a single guy I can say has been a rock through this stretch. Everyone has looked bad.

no professional team ever consciously backs off when they are winning. I would agree that some of the urgency is depleted, but thats natural, not intentional.

Yeah, humble baby steps..let's all be happy winning chunks of the game.

Hmm, it's not panicking..but something different, perhaps?

Burrows-Henrik-Kassian

Daniel-Bonino-Vrbata

Higgins-Matthias-Hansen(switch Matty with Rich, now & then)

Richardson-Vey-Dorsett

Reunite twins with Vrb for PP, & during 3rd if necessary. Shouldn't rely on one line.

Try to get Burr going. He was good with Hank & Jensen, for a spell, later last yr..maybe call up the kid & try that again, if things go south.

I liked the effort.

Two fluke goals, one off of Burr and the other caused by Tanev losing an edge.

One questionable call taking a goal back.

Other borderline reffing calls and non calls.

By all rights it should have at least been a closer score.

But man, so many teams in the west to have to leapfrog. Add Dallas to that list of improved teams we have to contend with. It could end up like the CFL this season with the western teams embarrassing the eastern teams even more than last year.

I expected more from Bonino. Lets hope he's still adjusting to the team, system and new city.

I liked the effort.

Two fluke goals, one off of Burr and the other caused by Tanev losing an edge.

One questionable call taking a goal back.

Other borderline reffing calls and non calls.

By all rights it should have at least been a closer score.

But man, so many teams in the west to have to leapfrog. Add Dallas to that list of improved teams we have to contend with. It could end up like the CFL this season with the western teams embarrassing the eastern teams even more than last year.

I expected more from Bonino. Lets hope he's still adjusting to the team, system and new city.

What do you expect when he's got two third line players flanking him?

I think the Canucks need a right-handed, top two defenseman who can play alongside Edler.

Edler - _____

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Stanton - Tanev

Extras: Sbisa, Weber

It will instantly make our defence that much better, but would need to give away assets as well.

I agree. I think the quickest and most realistic way to improve this team is to find a top two defenseman to stabilize our defensive game while the team plays an up tempo offense.

It's starting to look like the biggest need for this Canucks style of offense.

Archived