The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver 3 Dallas 6

Dumb Nuck

Boy am I ever pissed. They still look like the same team they were last season, even after all the changes. They outshoot the other team by a huge margin, pepper their goalie with a barrage of shots and still lose badly. They are just not converting on their chances. The scoring woes still continue. The only difference is a slightly better PP and 1st line production. The second line is non existent. And what the hell is Burrows doing on the second line? He has been a total no show since the first game. Get someone else in there already. Call up some prospects. Shinkaruk or Jensen should be in there.

5 games is far to early to panic.

We are playing teams who have been playing their system for a season or more and we are coming back off a terrible season now with new players new coaching and new systems. We need to stay calm, we are getting lots of chances and we are actually playing pretty well.

If I have a complaint, it is that for as long as I can remember we have had too much pinching from our D. I think it is ingrained now and whether it has been because we have lacked points from the 2nd, 3rd and 4 lines or because we are lacking (as from forever) a stay at home D I'm not sure but we get caught on the break far too often.

We get scored on when there is too much space around our net often on breakaways, now compare that to how much our players get sucked into the area around the opposition net making it harder to get clear chances. Teams are packing their goal and stifling us.

SEDIN SEDIN VRBATA

BURROWS BONINO JENSEN

MATTHIAS VEY KASSIAN

HIGGINS RICHARDSON HANSEN

Bieksa -4, is he worth 5mi/yr? he sucks

My problem with Bieksa is he tries TOO hard. That's ok when we are on top but you have earn the right to be on top by being tight at the back.

That sounds funny but he needs to concentrate on disciplined defence more and jumping up less. Sbisa is also looking like going that way, in fact our whole D with the possible exception of Tanev seem to think they belong in the opposition third, too often. It just over complicates things and seems to lead to opposition breakaway goals and desperation defence including giving up penalties.

I think the Canucks need a right-handed, top two defenseman who can play alongside Edler.

Edler - _____

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Stanton - Tanev

Extras: Sbisa, Weber

It will instantly make our defence that much better, but would need to give away assets as well.

Let's buy the big Russian out. :)

I liked the effort.

Two fluke goals, one off of Burr and the other caused by Tanev losing an edge.

One questionable call taking a goal back.

Other borderline reffing calls and non calls.

By all rights it should have at least been a closer score.

But man, so many teams in the west to have to leapfrog. Add Dallas to that list of improved teams we have to contend with. It could end up like the CFL this season with the western teams embarrassing the eastern teams even more than last year.

I expected more from Bonino. Lets hope he's still adjusting to the team, system and new city.

Not with teams like NYR, Boston, Habs, Tampa and Islanders. These teams can compete with the best imo. (did you see how even an off form Boston tamed the Sharks?)

Couple of weird goals..Tanev getting held by Horcoff so he couldn't get to the shooter and then wiping out Miller on another. Danny getting pushed into the net negating a goal but that probably a 50/50 call. For years this team hasn't hit it's stride untill mid november, it will probably take that long to get WD's system down pat and chemistry with new linemates. Big concern are the faceoffs and i bet they will be getting drilled hard by the coatches on it. For all those crying about the Blues, we have owned them for a few years. Hope the Stork gets the game because he stones the Blues.

Kassian had 10:23 of icetime. 2nd last on the team, 24 seconds more than Dorsett. 0 seconds of powerplay time (our pp was horrible tonight too, my god that second unit just SUCKS COCK).

What the **** is Desjardins doing? In a game where we're getting blown the **** out of the building, you're not gonna give this guy an opportunity to show what he's got? Are you ****ing serious? And to top it all off, Kassian had a solid game but Desjardins still doesn't put him out more frequently. Guy gets a goal? Nope. Still not gonna give him more ice time. Enough is enough.

**** off.

Not surprised at the result. This is what our team looks like when not playing against edmonton and calgary and those wins were smoke screens that just proved we can beat bad teams. I expect more of the same against st. louis. We're still a one line team with the sedins and bonino isn't a proven 2nd line player, but just a 2nd liner on our team by default. We have one 1st line, two 3rd lines and one 4th line. Our defense also isn't as good as it was in the past.

This is sad but basically all true.

What this team really needs is a good two way 2nd line center who can score 25-40 goals and push for the Selke and a D man who can move the puck and has a hard shot, even it isn't perfectly accurate, but is well rounded. We could get rid of our 147 3rd line centers and drop 6mil in cap space and ride Lack and Markstrom.....hmmmmm

Dorsett's call might have been a bit weak as was the reffing against us for most of the night but this guy needs to sit he's taken far too many stupid penalties.

I also thought Burrows was piss poor again tonight this guy has to find some consistency otherwise thought most of the Canucks played a good game earning several scoring chances.

Other then that I thought the Canucks outchanced Dallas about 2-1 and I would chalk this game up as a fluke for Dallas the Canucks deserved a better fate.

But they keep trotting him out there on the 2nd line..when is this thought that he is a consistant goal scorer going to end...and yet Kass gets 10.21 of ice time when clearly he was on his game...some things never change no matter how they spin it..also Vey keeps getting PP time on the 1st...an unproven rookie yet,, when did he earn that?

What this team really needs is a good two way 2nd line center who can score 25-40 goals and push for the Selke and a D man who can move the puck and has a hard shot, even it isn't perfectly accurate, but is well rounded. We could get rid of our 147 3rd line centers and drop 6mil in cap space and ride Lack and Markstrom.....hmmmmm

Doing that accomplishes nothing because you have no plan to get a Selke and a PMD. They can only be acquired through a trade or draft and will not hit the FA market. In a trade it is guaranteed to cost most likely both horvat and shink to acquire. Only thing we can do is wait for horvat to be come the two way center and draft a PMD which we don't require cap-space to do

its like create capspace-> magic -> selke and pmd. Middle portion missing and possibly impossible to achieve at this moment.

Archived