The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does the Canucks top line rank in the league?

Staal2Staal

Benn - Spezza - Seguin

Smith Pelly - Getzlaf - Perry

Drouin - Stamkos - Palat

Sharp - Toews - Hossa

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo

You're crazy... They have combined for 27 points in 7 games.

I fixed your hater list for you.

Crosbys line has 20 points in 6 games.

You're crazy... They have combined for 27 points in 7 games.

I fixed your hater list for you.

Crosbys line has 20 points in 6 games.

Nothing really "crazy" since this is opinion based

I believe Crosby is playing with Hornqvist and Kunitz and they have 23 pts in 6 games. Both lines have pretty much the same PPG.

Benn - Spezza - Seguin

Smith Pelly - Getzlaf - Perry

Drouin - Stamkos - Palat

Sharp - Toews - Hossa

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis

Marleau - Couture - Wingels

Parise - Granlund - Pominville

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Brouwer

Marleau - Couture - Wingels

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Abdelkader

Landeskog - MacKinnon - O'Reilly

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle

Lucic - Krejci - Griffith

JVR - Bozak - Kessel

No particular order but I'd take all those and about 4 or 5 2nd lines over Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Marleau and Couture line is in there twice. I'd say Sedins and Vrbata are around 12-13 range. I think the Sedins and Vrbata will combine for more points then a few of the lines you've listed, like Boston and Minnesota.

Pretty laughable you threw the leafs line in there too since I'm assuming you were trying to temper the homerism in here. Yet the only player on that line even worth mentioning on a first line is Kessel. And with the lack of effort they like to roll out these days even that seems debateable.

Nothing really "crazy" since this is opinion based

I believe Crosby is playing with Hornqvist and Kunitz and they have 23 pts in 6 games. Both lines have pretty much the same PPG.

Oh the irony...

Both lines have pretty much the same PPG yet the Sedin Sedin Vrbata line isn't worth taking over any of those lines?

It would be frightening to see our top line with say the Bruins behind them or LA.

Part of our problem is a lack of stiffness in D and some guys to take the wait off the Sedins in the 2nd and 3rd lines.

I would say in a more physical tight defensive team top 5. In our team at present 10-15.

How much does this really matter?

They've looked great so far, have averaged at least a goal per game. Would it be better if they could pot 2, yea but that's mainly because we don't have a second line with Kesler that can take on another team's first line.

We're yet to face a divisional juggernaut like the Sharks, Ducks or Kings so I'll wait to see how the Sedins do against those giant bodies, but so far here's a pretty objective ranking for this year:

#1 - Anaheim (Perry leads the league in goals, Getzlaf in assists)

#2 - Dallas (they moved their big-3 all onto the same line and they're dominating, all superstars)

#3 - Pittsburgh (Crosby and Hornqvist have looked dangerous so far)

#4 - NYI (Tavares is great but Brock Nelson is emerging as a great forward too)

#5 - Los Angeles (I know they're not one of the leagues best, but that 70's line has scored about 90% of the Kings goals and is scary good)

#6 - Columbus (Johansen is carrying this team, sad about Foligno but before his injury they were dynamite)

#7 - San Jose (Marleau and Thornton are still as effective as ever)

#8 - Vancouver (including tonight, the twins and Vbrata have higher point-per-game ratios than most "stars" in the league)

#9 - Philadelphia (Giroux looks like he's returned to form to carry their top line)

Archived