The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does the Canucks top line rank in the league?

Staal2Staal

Compared to other teams first lines? Top ten? Top five? Any first lines you would take over Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata? That Dallas first line? lol

This is the top 15 in the league in my eyes. (roughly/quickly) And I mean top PP or top 3 on a team as these guys tend to play with each other more than we see.

I'd say the Sedin line is somewhere in the bottom part of this list. I would take any of the top 10 lines over the Sedin's especially when I consider who I'd build around to win The Cup. But they're definitely on this list.

#1- Kunitz - Crosby - Malkin

#2- Sharp - Toews - Kane (Hossa)

#3- Perry - Getzlaf - Kesler

#4- Benn - Seguin - Spezza

#5- Marleau - Thornton - Pavelski (Couture)

#6- Neilson - Tavares - Okposo

#7- Lucic - Bergeron - Krejci

#8- Gaborik - Kopitar - Carter

#9- Franzen - Datsyuk - Zetterberg

#10- Simmonds - Giroux - Voracuk

- Ovechkin - Backstrom - Johansson

- JVR - Bozak - Kessel

- Filpula - Stamkos - Palat (Johnson)

- St.Louis - Stepan - Nash

- Parise Pominville - Vanek (Koivu)

I find it hilarious that Sedin Sedin Kesler was considered the best line the NHL when they were together but now that Vrbata is with them and out producing Kesler they aren't even top 10.

You guys are the opposite of homers (haters). The SSV line is quite easily in the top 5 in the league.

Pelly Getzlaf Perry
Crosbys line (now broken up)
Sharp Toews Hossa/Kane
Sedin Sedin Vrbata
Marleau Thorton Hertl

The Sedins are the best passers in the game today. Vrbata has been a fantastic fit with them, they have given every team fits and have yet to be kept off the scoreboard, but we will see once we get into the SoCal trip.

I agree with it being top 10, the line can put out points where all three of them can be high on the scoring list.Second line however...

Checked the Bruins. Our top six forwards combine for 52 points in 9 games. Their top six forwards combine for 42 points in 11 games. Our second line has combined for 19 points. They're not nearly as bad as many make out and they seem to be getting better as games go by.

The truth is it's rather early in the season to be making these comparisons.

Checked the Bruins. Our top six forwards combine for 52 points in 9 games. Their top six forwards combine for 42 points in 11 games. Our second line has combined for 19 points. They're not nearly as bad as many make out and they seem to be getting better as games go by.

The truth is it's rather early in the season to be making these comparisons.

Also truth is the Playoffs are a Complete different animal to the Regular Season. Of course the Sedins will out point Lucic, Bergeron & Krejci in the Reg. Season they always have but I will ALWAYS take Lucic, Bergeron & Krejci in the Playoffs over them. We're not trying to win a hockey pool here, we're trying to win the CUP...

All this being said I do enjoy watching the Sedins do their thing but come Playoff's a lot of what they do now doesn't happen then.

On the other hand Lucic,Bergeron & Krejci's games go up in the post season.

Wow people, whoever doesn't think we have a top 10 1st line in nhl is on glue! I see people saying edm first line is better than ours

There's no GM in the NHL who would take the Sedins/Vrbata over any of these top 3 guys. Not one GM & I will bet my house on that.

#5- Marleau - Couture - Pavelski (Thornton)

#9- Franzen - Datsyuk - Zetterberg (Nyquist)

Top 10.

Everyone talks about how the Sedins are predictable and easy to shut down and the Vrbata is the only threat. If this is the case why hasn't every team shut them down?

I think that the top line fluxuates and could be a solidly dominant line if they had support. When Van's 2nd and 3rd lines do nothing and aren't a threat it isn't hard to load up against the Sedins. Have the 2nd or 3rd line playing hard and getting chances puts big pressure on other teams to spread out coverage. Some of the big teams like Chicago and LA have great top lines but also solid 2nd and 3rd lines that take pressure off the top lines by either scoring or pulling some of the top D coverage onto themselves. This is what'd make the Sedins/Vrbata line even more effective, not having them as the only threat.

There's no GM in the NHL who would take the Sedins/Vrbata over any of these top 3 guys. Not one GM & I will bet my house on that.

#5- Marleau - Couture - Pavelski (Thornton)

#9- Franzen - Datsyuk - Zetterberg (Nyquist)

1) Bergeron doesn't play with Krejci, nice try

2) Carter doesn't play with Kopitar and Gaborik, are you stoned and forgot about that 70's line?

3) Franzen- Datsyuk-Zetterberg are comparable due to age, their output as well is about the same, not sure 100% of the GM's would take those three over SSV

4) Simmonds doesn't play with Giroux, it's Raffle that's on that line.

You can't just take the best players on the teams and throw them together and say that's a "line", not every team is like the Dallas Stars

**Edit -- I don't know how I missed this as well, but Malkin doesn't play with Crosby lol...

The only lines that are better are:

Datsyuk line Det.

Getzlaf line Ana.

Crosby Pit.

Toews Chi.

The new line with Benn in Dal.

And maybe Carter's line in LA

On any given night the Sedin line could compete for being a top 3 in the league.

But definitely the most entertainig line, for sure.

Its strange, but I feel like the majority of CDC goers are just negative nancies lately.

The Sedins/Vrbata are currently top 5 in every statistic rated together as a line and well above most of the lines other people are mentioning.

I get there has been a lot of inflation in the opinion people have had in players over the years, but here we have evidence that the Sedins are not done and are getting stronger with every game, and you're all claiming that they're in the bottom 50% of the league as 1st liners?

I'm seeing people on here saying that Edmonton or Toronto's first line is better than ours this year? Is that a joke?

The statistics are all there, as is the explanation behind them. The Sedins are averaging less ice time this year than almost every other top line in the league, yet they're top 5 in points and corsi. Where is your logic now?

Archived