The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen on the 2nd line

Off_The_Schneid!

Burrows- 1 goal-3 assists-4 points in 6 games

Bonino- 2 goals-2 assists-4 points in 6 games

Higgins- 2 goals-1 assist-3 points in 6 games

Seem like respectable 2nd line numbers to me. Not great, but respectable. If Bonino, Burrows and Higgins keep that pace up for most of the year, I'll be happy.

The point is to keep the team competitive while we build our prospect pool and get them ready for the big leagues. I much prefer this route to the "Let's tank for McDavid" mindset.

Totally agree, especially with that last paragraph

Burrows- 1 goal-3 assists-4 points in 6 games

Bonino- 2 goals-2 assists-4 points in 6 games

Higgins- 2 goals-1 assist-3 points in 6 games

Seem like respectable 2nd line numbers to me. Not great, but respectable. If Bonino, Burrows and Higgins keep that pace up for most of the year, I'll be happy.

The point is to keep the team competitive while we build our prospect pool and get them ready for the big leagues. I much prefer this route to the "Let's tank for McDavid" mindset.

respectable? Those are great numbers for a second line!

I would like to point out that its not all about points. You can get assists pretty easy and shinkaruks goal was a luck tip in. Reason why jensen's points are lower is because his line has not producedvmuch offense. Hard to do it all on his own. Cal o'reilly has had a tough start.

That is definitely true. I do think Jensen is still the 1st injury call up to a top 9 player, tbh.

That being said, the bolded it also applies to Burrows and Higgins.

And is the reason why they are on the 2nd line, and not Jensen.

So that would put the thread OP's opinion in the gutter. I just think the OP unfairly rags on our 2nd line wingers.

EDIT: and as someone pointed out, Burrows and Bonino have 4 points in 6 games while Higgins has 3. That's not bad.

Jensen hasn't done much on the farm so far. Right now I don't see him as an upgrade on either wing of the current 2nd line.

Season is too young, but so far scoring goals hasn't been the problem. Over 3 a game.

The main problem so far this year have been some bad defensive plays and decisions, Jensen wouldn't help that.

Jensen hasn't done much on the farm so far. Right now I don't see him as an upgrade on either wing of the current 2nd line.

Season is too young, but so far scoring goals hasn't been the problem. Over 3 a game.

The main problem so far this year have been some bad defensive plays and decisions, Jensen wouldn't help that.

It is somewhat alarming how poorly Jensen has done in the AHL to this point.

Are you guys watching him play?

Edit: and he scores. the team had also killed 5 PK's by half way through the second

Archived