The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen on the 2nd line

Off_The_Schneid!

Dat horrific second line's play tonight tho..

jk it's amazing seeing those three cycle. Chemistry is definitely there. They just seem to be clicking.

Dat horrific second line's play tonight tho..

jk it's amazing seeing those three cycle. Chemistry is definitely there. They just seem to be clicking.

I know. Held pointless tonight, are you kidding me?! Call up Jensen!

Haha, but seriously, they look better every game. Loving Higgins' game this year.

Don't really like Higgy on the 2nd line. Especially with Burr and Bones. Too many guys we probably can't trust to score consistently. Every year its the same, Higgy puts up good numbers for a bit, maybe even the whole year...then.... playoffs.....nothing. Every year. Hansen too. Wouldn't mind giving the chance to someone else, even if they don't do as well right away. They just gotta have a higher potential. We know exactly what we are getting with Higgins, Hansen, maybe even Bones and Burr now. Give the chance to some potential breakout players.

Price made this suggestion yesterday on the team and it seemed like an interesting option to me. It's a long year so who knows, maybe we see it at some point. I wouldn't mind one bit. What pleases me is that the farm now has some realistic options for the management and coaching staff to work with.

Don't really like Higgy on the 2nd line. Especially with Burr and Bones. Too many guys we probably can't trust to score consistently. Every year its the same, Higgy puts up good numbers for a bit, maybe even the whole year...then.... playoffs.....nothing. Every year. Hansen too. Wouldn't mind giving the chance to someone else, even if they don't do as well right away. They just gotta have a higher potential. We know exactly what we are getting with Higgins, Hansen, maybe even Bones and Burr now. Give the chance to some potential breakout players.

2nd line is doing well. Time to change them up!

Really? I thought Higgins has been the guy that always sparks that line. If anything, I don't like Burrows on the second line, but even he's been good there.

Higgins is proving to a lot of people early on that he can be a legit 2nd line winger. His stats and play on the ice speak for itself.

Really? I thought Higgins has been the guy that always sparks that line. If anything, I don't like Burrows on the second line, but even he's been good there.

Higgins is proving to a lot of people early on that he can be a legit 2nd line winger. His stats and play on the ice speak for itself.

Higgins has been inconsistant in the past, but everyone on that line seems to have something to prove, as in they can get the job done. Time will tell, but I'm cheering for them.

Higgins has been inconsistant in the past, but everyone on that line seems to have something to prove, as in they can get the job done. Time will tell, but I'm cheering for them.

If Higgins was as 'consistent' as people expect he'd be a first line player.

If Higgins was as 'consistent' as people expect he'd be a first line player.

So if Derek Dorsett works hard and plays near the best of his ability each night you'd put him on the first line?

The point, of course, is that consistency isn't the same as having first line skills.

I'm posting this ahead of tonight's game because I'm confident our 2nd line will have the same outcome as previous games.

I'm tired of the same old same old burrows, Higgins line.

It didn't work last year with Kesler as the center why would it work now?

We need to inject a talented sniper to turn that line around

Bonino is a playmaker, so who is supposed to be the goal scorer on that line up?

It's not burrows so your saying Higgins is our secondary scoring.

Bonino had a breakout year last year playing with players that can put the puck in the net.

Bring up Jensen! Not because he scored a goal last night, but because he earned a spot at training camp and is one of those players that plays better on the big club. Plays better with players that can set him up.

He is the talented goal scorer that second line needs. Not only does he deliver that game changing ability but he injects some excitement to the line. That second line and bonino desperately need a guy like Jensen

Bring him up!

...Kind of some up the value of a CDC poster being "confident" in anything.

So if Derek Dorsett works hard and plays near the best of his ability each night you'd put him on the first line?

The point, of course, is that consistency isn't the same as having first line skills.

Has Dorsett ever scored 27 goals and 52 points?

Seriously people Higgins isn't just a grinder that gets points from playing 2nd line minutes he has skills. The reason he has never been as offensively successful for the Canucks as he was for the Habs is simply that we have used him in more defensive roles playing with Kesler, Malholtra and Pahlsson with only a short time in an offensive role with Hodgson.

Jensen and Horvat in my opinion have not earned a spot on the big club. Their chance to shine was in the preseason and I don't think that happened as they are not playing in the NHL. They are not even doing well in the AHL so can't see a reason for them to be called up. Shinkaruk showed more skills in the preseason than both of them but still needs some seasoning. I bet you wont see any of these players in NHL unless there are injuries or some obvious poor play from one of the regulars. Like Benning said before the season started, these guys will have to show them they belong on the big club and I am not sure they have shown that yet.

Archived