The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

High School shooting reported near Seattle

OptionalPants

Long ways away = Never

Go ahead and improve gun control...the side effect will be an even more robust black market of illegal firearms. Fixing one problem by creating another is not sensible.

If they push for reasonable gun control laws (Like Canada or any other first world country) theyll have a much easier time controlling the problem, especially over the long term.

Things will only improve.

The amount of sexual content on that twitter is shocking. I know he's a teenage boy, raging hormones etc, but it was really odd scrolling through his twitter history and seeing that more than half are sexually themed.

To the parents out there, if your kids twitter account looks like this kids, things are not right in their lives.

I'm fucking sick of these shootouts.

Because everytime there's a fucker going around shooting people, there's a bunch of fucking man-haters using this to say that men feel self-entitled to women and how these women are owed something.

Anyway, the kid was messed up, but I find it really hard to believe that his venting was completely unnoticed by everyone. I know one guy that uses FB to vent off his anger like this, like a drama queen. But he manages to keep his sanity together. Yes, he's been into fights and I'd argue that he'd be a risk if I didn't know him any better.

Don''t take people for granted, folks.

I think he was just mocking the NRA which openly said the Sandy Hook shooting would have been prevented if all the teachers also had guns. Basically the NRA's solution is always based on more people having guns to stop the bad people with guns.

He is also prob right as they will likely go through the round of arguments and nothing will happen then do it all over again at the next shooting rampage.

It seems you have little understanding of the purpose of the second amendment..

It's not so everyone is holding a gun to each other's head to prevent them from committing a crime.

It's a method of self-defence rather than waiting for police to arrive and hope you don't get shot.

Down in the US, they are more friendly to the rights of victims to defend themselves, rather than restrict victims because criminals who don't follow laws commit violent acts anyways.

Regardless of gun laws, shootings are going to happen, so in light of Americans facing violence, moreover, potentially lethal violence, it's all the wiser for more to be able to defend themselves.

Trying to explain this to Canadians, or even American anti-gun liberals, is like trying to explain evolution to both a living or dead Fred Phelps. Canadians simply don't face the type of violence that occurs in general in the US, never mind with guns.

One of the worst arguments too is that when a tragedy happens that "the government must do something". Rather than try and solve society's problems each individual at a time, a lazy person's mentality is that the government must solve things for people. This is why nothing ever changes. Can't change things by shifting the responsibility of change to other people.

If they push for reasonable gun control laws (Like Canada or any other first world country) theyll have a much easier time controlling the problem, especially over the long term.

Things will only improve.

Will be rendered obsolete by weapons assembled from mostly 3D-printed parts.

A possession and acquisition license would serve them well. It would stop a lot of unstable people from being able to get a gun. Of course the already huge black market for guns in the USA would grow, but it would not really aggravate the problem and would partially solve the biggest problem then have....ease of access to guns by people who should not be able to have them.

Will be rendered superfluous by weapons assembled from mostly 3D-printed parts.

Long ways away = Never

Go ahead and improve gun control...the side effect will be an even more robust black market of illegal firearms. Fixing one problem by creating another is not sensible.

Will be realized by weapons assembled from mostly 3D-printed parts.

It seems you have little understanding of the purpose of the second amendment..

It's not so everyone is holding a gun to each other's head to prevent them from committing a crime.

It's a method of self-defence rather than waiting for police to arrive and hope you don't get shot.

Down in the US, they are more friendly to the rights of victims to defend themselves, rather than restrict victims because criminals who don't follow laws commit violent acts anyways.

Regardless of gun laws, shootings are going to happen, so in light of Americans facing violence, moreover, potentially lethal violence, it's all the wiser for more to be able to defend themselves.

Trying to explain this to Canadians, or even American anti-gun liberals, is like trying to explain evolution to both a living or dead Fred Phelps. Canadians simply don't face the type of violence that occurs in general in the US, never mind with guns.

One of the worst arguments too is that when a tragedy happens that "the government must do something". Rather than try and solve society's problems each individual at a time, a lazy person's mentality is that the government must solve things for people. This is why nothing ever changes. Can't change things by shifting the responsibility of change to other people.

I am not sure why you are saying this to me. I never voiced my opinion on the 2nd amendment or guns.I just remarked saying the other poster was referencing a criticized remark by the NRA after Sandy Hook and the posters remarks which implied the NRA would once again provide a solution which involves more guns. As far as history goes this is 100%. Not an opinion but fact.

But if you really want to know my opinion...

The NRA's statement of put guns in the hands of teachers was silly. If it is easy access then you increase the chances of disgruntled kids who don't have gun access getting it or simply kids with sticky fingers. If it's locked up secure well then I guess the 50 year old chemistry teacher can ask the gunman to kindly stop shooting people while they go back to class and unlock the safe so they can come back and shoot them. And well lets face it if teachers carrying guns was common knowledge the gunman would take them down first unexpectedly and then get to work on the kids.

But I do live in the USA. Always have. I know my fair share of people who own guns. They don't bother me as I trust them. I don't own a gun simply because I feel unless I keep it on me 100% of the time it won't matter if someone comes after me I won't have time to get it so I feel a knife or mace is simple more productive.

But most telling IMO is that each state in the USA sets its own gun laws. Some are strict and some aren't. While it is not perfect states with stricter laws in gun screening have less gun crimes than states with looser gun laws in general. So I am prone to naturally believing more guns and automatic weapons for the public isn't exactly the best idea for preventing gun violence xD

However big picture I really don't care about having a voice in it. No matter what I think or you think it won't change anything it's just pointless rabble. I don't see a gain in stressing over it. If someone wants me dead they would get the jump on me ether way. If they want something else I will count my losses. I have no intent in taking sides in a pointless war of words no matter where my views land. Just live life and have fun.

I am not sure why you are saying this to me. I never voiced my opinion on the 2nd amendment or guns.I just remarked saying the other poster was referencing a criticized remark by the NRA after Sandy Hook and the posters remarks which implied the NRA would once again provide a solution which involves more guns. As far as history goes this is 100%. Not an opinion but fact.

But if you really want to know my opinion...

The NRA's statement of put guns in the hands of teachers was silly. If it is easy access then you increase the chances of disgruntled kids who don't have gun access getting it or simply kids with sticky fingers. If it's locked up secure well then I guess the 50 year old chemistry teacher can ask the gunman to kindly stop shooting people while they go back to class and unlock the safe so they can come back and shoot them. And well lets face it if teachers carrying guns was common knowledge the gunman would take them down first unexpectedly and then get to work on the kids.

But I do live in the USA. Always have. I know my fair share of people who own guns. They don't bother me as I trust them. I don't own a gun simply because I feel unless I keep it on me 100% of the time it won't matter if someone comes after me I won't have time to get it so I feel a knife or mace is simple more productive.

But most telling IMO is that each state in the USA sets its own gun laws. Some are strict and some aren't. While it is not perfect states with stricter laws in gun screening have less gun crimes than states with looser gun laws in general. So I am prone to naturally believing more guns and automatic weapons for the public isn't exactly the best idea for preventing gun violence xD

However big picture I really don't care about having a voice in it. No matter what I think or you think it won't change anything it's just pointless rabble. I don't see a gain in stressing over it. If someone wants me dead they would get the jump on me ether way. If they want something else I will count my losses. I have no intent in taking sides in a pointless war of words no matter where my views land. Just live life and have fun.

I lived in California for over 15 years, much of that in SF, and despite SF refusing to issue carry permits, and being extremely restrictive on forwarding license apps (to an already restrictive state government, #1 in the the US), the crime there was awful -- furthermore, in all my life, that's the only place I've ever had a gun pulled on me.

I lived in California for over 15 years, much of that in SF, and despite SF refusing to issue carry permits, and being extremely restrictive on forwarding license apps (to an already restrictive state government, #1 in the the US), the crime there was awful -- furthermore, in all my life, that's the only place I've ever had a gun pulled on me.

Soooooo. Someone pulled a gun on you in Cali where permits ate relaxed and you are blaming the crime on you not having a gun when someone pulled a gun on you to begin with? How do you feel it would have played out if you had a gun xD Nothing I said changed. Stricter screening still = less gun violence. if you don't believe me and you care look up countries and individual states processes. If you don't care to still doesn't matter to me. But the whole idea of the best way to prevent extreme crime is to have more guns is funny. Show me 1 example of place that give out guns easy that is a utopia of peace and non violent crime xD

You bore me though. Have fun with your gun and packing it the next time you are in san fran. I am sure it will bring you peace :)

Soooooo. Someone pulled a gun on you in Cali where permits ate relaxed and you are blaming the crime on you not having a gun when someone pulled a gun on you to begin with? How do you feel it would have played out if you had a gun xD Nothing I said changed. Stricter screening still = less gun violence. if you don't believe me and you care look up countries and individual states processes. If you don't care to still doesn't matter to me. But the whole idea of the best way to prevent extreme crime is to have more guns is funny. Show me 1 example of place that give out guns easy that is a utopia of peace and non violent crime xD

You bore me though. Have fun with your gun and packing it the next time you are in san fran. I am sure it will bring you peace :)

Yeah, clearly all those gun control areas of the US are living "peacefully" in their "utopias". How about gun control Chicago? Gun control DC? Gun control Miami? Gun control Detroit?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/u-s-cities-as-dangerous-as-deadliest-3rd-world-countries/

If it were a country, New Orleans (with a rate 62.1 gun murders per 100,000 people) would rank second in the world.

Detroit’s gun-homicide rate (35.9) is just a bit less than El Salvador (39.9).

Baltimore’s rate (29.7) is not too far off that of Guatemala (34.8).

Gun murder in Newark (25.4) and Miami (23.7) is comparable to Colombia (27.1).

Washington D.C. (19) has a higher rate of gun homicide than Brazil (18.1).

Atlanta’s rate (17.2) is about the same as South Africa (17).

Cleveland (17.4) has a higher rate than the Dominican Republic (16.3).

Gun murder in Buffalo (16.5) is similar to Panama (16.2).

Houston’s rate (12.9) is slightly higher than Ecuador’s (12.7).

Gun homicide in Chicago (11.6) is similar to Guyana (11.5).

Phoenix’s rate (10.6) is slightly higher than Mexico (10).

Los Angeles (9.2) is comparable to the Philippines (8.9).

Boston rate (6.2) is higher than Nicaragua (5.9).

New York, where gun murders have declined to just four per 100,000, is still higher than Argentina (3)

San Francisco = 6.7.

^ Not so coincidentally, among the worst in gun control laws. Look at all that peacefulness! :lol:

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2012001/article/11738/tbl/tbl04-eng.htm

We can criticize from much a better vantage:

Vancouver = 0.62

Calgary = 0.24

the kid's twitter reveals he was definitely upset over a girl.

https://twitter.com/frybergj

and yes, he was officially identified by police

his family is part of the tulalip tribe, and he was part of a christian youth group. so no, he was not muslim. he was crowned a homecoming prince just last week.

Why is everybody reporting he was a "normal, happy kid" when his whole Twitter feed dating back months shows the complete opposite? Almost every post since June was about sex or was him venting off about something ambiguous.

Seems like he had some real issues.

Why is everybody reporting he was a "normal, happy kid" when his whole Twitter feed dating back months shows the complete opposite? Almost every post since June was about sex or was him venting off about something ambiguous.

Seems like he had some real issues.

He's just tweeting what most teens are thinking.

Archived