The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Carolina Hurricanes | Oct 28, 2014 | 7:00 PM PST | SNET - VAN

Dogbyte

canucksvscanes.jpg

WHERE

rogersarena-2.jpg

WHEN

7pmclock.png 7:00 PM PST

TV

hockeycompanionchannel.png

sportsnetpacific.png

The Canucks come into the game holding down the last playoff spot in the Western Conference and need a win against the last place team in the NHL, the Carolina Hurricanes, in order to keep pace with those pesky Flames. The Hurricanes have yet to win a game securing only 2 shootout losses so far, just over two weeks into the season, Carolina's team goaltending ranks last in the NHL with a dismal .867 save percentage. The league average, by comparison, currently stands at .913.

The Canucks cannot afford to take this one lightly. An effort similar to last nights win over the Caps would go a long way to securing the two points against a club racked with injuries and an unclear direction.

EastStandings.png

WestStandings.png

LINEUPS

:canucks: VANCOUVER :canucks:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Higgins-Bonino-Burrows

Mattias-Richardson-Kassian

Dorsett-Vey-Hansen

Sestito

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Sbisa Weber

Corrado

Miller

Lack

Stanton close to returning

“I didn’t expect Stanton to be back out for practice today - that’s a good sign.” - Coach Desjardins #Canucks

CAROLINA

Tlusty-Stall-Semin

Skinner-Nash-Lindholm

Terry-McClement-Boychuk

Malone-Rask-Brown

Sutter

Sekera-Faulk

Gleason-Murphy

Liles-Hainsay

Harrison Bellemore

Khudobin

Ward

-E.Stall and Nathan Gerbe close to returning

Sunday Notes and Quotes from Vancouver

Sunday, 10.26.2014 / 4:30 PM / Tracking the Storm
By Michael Smith

VANCOUVER – Following an off day in rainy Vancouver on Saturday, the Carolina Hurricanes got back on the ice on Sunday morning at Rogers Arena.

“It was a real good skate,” Canes head coach Bill Peters said. “Guys are hungry. They want to get in the win column.”

The team might get some help in the lineup on Tuesday, as Eric Staal (upper body) and Nathan Gerbe (lower body) are on the cusp of returning. Staal has missed five games and Gerbe, three.

“We’ve got some guys getting closer. We won’t know until after tomorrow,” Peters said. “I thought Nathan Gerbe looked real good here today. Patty Dwyer was able to push a little bit when he came out and joined us. And Staalsy might just come down to a game-time decision on Tuesday.”

All three – Dwyer joined the group at the tail-end of the skate – were again in yellow, no-contact sweaters. Peters will want to put them through at least one practice with contact before they see game action.

“That’s tomorrow,” he said. “I know at the end (of practice), Roddy was going to work with all three guys and make sure they got a little bit of contact today. We’ll see how that goes and how they react in the morning.”

Here’s more of what Peters said after Sunday’s practice:

On building on the positives of the game in Edmonton: “I liked the fact that we had good responses. Every time we gave up a goal, we jumped right back and got the game knotted up. 1-1, 2-2, 3-3. It was a much better response to things going wrong than feeling sorry for ourselves. I thought we dug in and did a good job of facing adversity a few times.”

On if learning how to deal with adversity is a growing pain of a young team: “It is, for sure. It’d be nice if we had a few older guys to lead the way in the lineup, but right now you look down the middle, and those are some inexperienced players. It shows at times. I like the way they’ve played, but when we get everybody slotted where they’re supposed to be slotted, it’ll be even better.”

On scouting Tuesday’s opponent live, which the coaching staff will do tonight as the Canucks face the Capitals at Rogers Arena: “It’s much better live. You get to see stuff away from the play and see things develop that you might not catch on camera. Huff (Chris Huffine) has done a real good job of getting us the information on Vancouver. We know what to look for tonight. They’ve been pretty consistent in their last two games of how they play, and we’ll have a real good feel for what they do. Then it will be up to use to come up with a plan and execute.”

henrikanddanny.jpg

vrbata.jpg

secondline.jpg

kassian.jpg

vey.jpg

tanev.jpg

sbisa.jpg

bieksa-1.jpg

miller.jpg

*** WILL ADD MORE AS I FIND IT ***

-not sure on line-ups, let me know if someone has other info, especially Carolina

Archived