The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-Injuries & Ice Chips thread- 2015 Season

The Hornet

Welcome to the Canucks Injuries and Ice Chips thread for the 2014 - 2015 season! Here you can discuss team injury's, post player updates, ask questions, and find answers to those questions!
I will update the main page as much as I can throughout the year to help keep you all informed.

Vancouver Canucks:

INJURIES:

#27 - Shawn Matthias - Centre

8473574.jpg

---------------------

Injury: Head

Sustained: Dec. 6 @ Leafs

Return: Doubtful tonight @ Montreal

#9 - Zack Kassian - Right Wing

8475178.jpg

----------------------

Injury: Finger

Sustained: Nov. 28 @ Blue Jackets

Return: TBA

#2 - Dan Humhuis - Defence

8469465.jpg

---------------------

Injury: Lower Body

Sustained: Nov 21. VS Ducks

Return: TBA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ICE CHIPS:

NO ICE CHIPS

An Ice Chip is a player who isn't injured, but is unable to play. (Sick / suspension / etc.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS & UPDATES

December 7 - Tom Sestito assigned to the Comets

Comments? Questions? Feel free to let me know! Please note that main post will NOT be updated durring games.

:canucks: LAST UPDATE: December 9 @ 12:50 pm MT :canucks:

With the reticence of teams in general and the Canucks in particular to discuss ailments, we get the situation where, for example, Henrik S misses 2 practices and is almost certainly playing hurt but that doesn't show up on any injury lists. Also, if a player comes out during a game hurt WD in his post-game press conference will normally say that he'll be evaluated tomorrow, but there isn't necessarily an announcement after that evaulation.

I suggest that the Hornet consider whether in his view it makes sense to include any such information.

For example:

Other: XXX left game on <date> and didn't return and didn't take practice on <date>

If the Hornet doesn't think it makes sense to include that for any reason I'm satisfied with that and remain thankful for the work done in maintaining this threat. The suggestion is merely raised for his consideration.

With the reticence of teams in general and the Canucks in particular to discuss ailments, we get the situation where, for example, Henrik S misses 2 practices and is almost certainly playing hurt but that doesn't show up on any injury lists. Also, if a player comes out during a game hurt WD in his post-game press conference will normally say that he'll be evaluated tomorrow, but there isn't necessarily an announcement after that evaulation.

I suggest that the Hornet consider whether in his view it makes sense to include any such information.

For example:

Other: XXX left game on <date> and didn't return and didn't take practice on <date>

If the Hornet doesn't think it makes sense to include that for any reason I'm satisfied with that and remain thankful for the work done in maintaining this threat. The suggestion is merely raised for his consideration.

Hi Tyhee,

I tried doing something similar to this a couple of years ago and it didn't quite work out as well as I hoped. That's why I put in the 'Ice Chips' section to the main post; I put people who are not necessarily injured in that section, but they can't play.

Putting people on lists that have speculative injuries or problems causes confusion among people, and it's hard to update information on them since there are no reliable sources to look up information on them.

I like to keep only injuries and Ice Chips on my list that I can find solid sources for, and give you as much information as possible about them. I leave the things you are talking about for the fans to talk about in the comments, so we can all have a say. :)

I work shift work so it's hard for me to always update everything right away, but I try my best to keep the meat and potatoes of everything all up to speed. That's why I can't put too much on my plate. I will however do my best to update as much as I can, and put a lot of content into the updates!

Thanks for your input! Go Canucks!! B):canucks:

I think I remember Bieksa's health being a question before the pre-season even started. Then against Edmonton, Tyler Pitlick (I believe), was the one that hit Horvat and injured him. Then Bieksa took a run at him and went face first awkwardly into the boards.

He never took much time to heal, even though he was clearly hurt.

I love Juice! The guy is a heart and soul Canuck. But that can work against him when he plays hurt, and can only give 60%. I'd rather see him take time off when he needs it and play at 100% in each game...

Archived