The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-Injuries & Ice Chips thread- 2015 Season

The Hornet

Hip or knee I'm guessing. The leg would have been in a relaxed state when it was tugged on, so a dislocated hip or knee perhaps.

Hopefully not too bad. One of the worst injuries I've heard of was Andrew Harris' dislocated ankle. I've worked in medical imaging for 30+ years and that's the first one I've ever heard of. :(. Pretty tough to dislocate a hip though. Tear of the hip labrum perhaps.

Tom Sestitio is on the ice with skills coach Glenn Carnegie before this morning’s optional gameday skate. #Canucks
#Canucks Willie D: Burrows will play tonight. No word on who comes out
Saw Dan Hamhuis in hallway. Walking without brace, cane, crutches on injured right leg. Said he had 'no news.' #canucks

TSN has cleared up the confusion about Hamhius's injury:

Benning added on 1040 that Canucks defenceman Dan Hamhuis' injury is believed to be day-to-day or week-to-week, but instead force him to miss months. The team is seeking a second opinion.

Yep. Crystal clear now. Thanks, TSN!

What?

So Benning was quoted as saying his injury wasn't believed to be day to day or week to week, but months?

Is that what TSN is trying to say?

Yes. No. Maybe.

Seriously, I have no idea what that sentence was supposed to mean. But, the fact that they are looking for a second opinion makes me think they didn't like the first opinion which leads me to believe he may require surgery, which would mean months.

Coach Desjardins confirms Zack Kassian will not join #Canucks on this trip. "It's a finger thing, he'll be out a few weeks."
Desjardins said Edler was given a maintenance day and that Sestito is still a few weeks away from playing. #Canucks

Wonder if his finger is broken or busted open? must of been a nasty slash he took.

Just saw on the Sportsnet ticker that Hamhuis will be out 6 weeks and will not require surgery. Don't hold me to it but I'm not sure where to get confirmation on that...

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/11/30/the-provies-hammer-can-you-hear-us-conspiracies-spizzas-and-some-man-hockey/

Province is reporting it too. That's great news, considering some thought he would be out for months.

I wonder what it is..?

Guessing that it's something he can play through once he's healed up for long enough and will likely require off season surgery to actually fix.

Hopefully he can come back at least close to 100% and play through it without re-injuring it.

I can't wait to see CDC jump all over him when he gets back for his poor play and completely disregard that he'll have been out almost 2 months and is likely to still be playing through some lingering pain/discomfort :rolleyes:

I wonder what it is..?

Guessing that it's something he can play through once he's healed up for long enough and will likely require off season surgery to actually fix.

Hopefully he can come back at least close to 100% and play through it without re-injuring it.

I can't wait to see CDC jump all over him when he gets back for his poor play and completely disregard that he'll have been out almost 2 months and is likely to still be playing through some lingering pain/discomfort :rolleyes:

"Time to trade Hamhuis is now not later"

"Hamhuis, do we really need him?"

etc etc.

Finding the Leafs lobbying around the Robidas elbow a little disgusting tbh. Starting with Damien Cox's and his usual pathetic Leafs lobbying, and then Carlyle and Robidas himself..... 'No intent', 'didn't mean to hurt him'.....doesn't mean crap.

The intent was in the action and the responsiblity for the result remains the same regardless imo.

Suspendable elbow to the head. Spare us the rest of the self-serving apologism.

Archived