The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-Injuries & Ice Chips thread- 2015 Season

The Hornet

Finding the Leafs lobbying around the Robidas elbow a little disgusting tbh. Starting with Damien Cox's and his usual pathetic Leafs lobbying, and then Carlyle and Robidas himself..... 'No intent', 'didn't mean to hurt him'.....doesn't mean crap.

The intent was in the action and the responsiblity for the result remains the same regardless imo.

Suspendable elbow to the head. Spare us the rest of the self-serving apologism.

I'm with you 100%. Robidas is a cheap player and a gutless liar. He should get as many games as Matthias is out. Fuck Toronto!

Finding the Leafs lobbying around the Robidas elbow a little disgusting tbh. Starting with Damien Cox's and his usual pathetic Leafs lobbying, and then Carlyle and Robidas himself..... 'No intent', 'didn't mean to hurt him'.....doesn't mean crap.

The intent was in the action and the responsiblity for the result remains the same regardless imo.

Suspendable elbow to the head. Spare us the rest of the self-serving apologism.

You forgot about Healy, Burrows snow shower was worse than the elbow to Mathias head according to that mook.

Hrudy chirped that it was only a fineable play! Deliberate elbow to the head. Player injured with games lost.

With new ownership of NHL broadcasting it comes home even more so how much TO controls that media. All the talking heads are running scared for their gigs. If the mighty MacLean gets relegated to Moose Jaw what is left for them?

I would tune most of this out in years past. Simply watch SNP with Garret and Shorty. Valky during breaks. Most of that is gone now as well. I watch the Canucks as always but admit that I would be more upset missing a Sea Hawks game. I cannot believe I said that.

Hrudy chirped that it was only a fineable play! Deliberate elbow to the head. Player injured with games lost.

With new ownership of NHL broadcasting it comes home even more so how much TO controls that media. All the talking heads are running scared for their gigs. If the mighty MacLean gets relegated to Moose Jaw what is left for them?

I would tune most of this out in years past. Simply watch SNP with Garret and Shorty. Valky during breaks. Most of that is gone now as well. I watch the Canucks as always but admit that I would be more upset missing a Sea Hawks game. I cannot believe I said that.

We all know the power base sits in the East.

We are aware the Canucks market is saturated due to lack of competition and a small population when compared to much larger market opportunities in US.

The Canucks will continue to be one of the largest revenue earning clubs in the NHL, but unfortunately offers the NHL zero revenue upside due to saturation. Plus we are in the wrong timezone for tv advertising opportunities in the east - a massive black mark.

We just need to accept that there are more important items on the NHL's priority list outside of the Canucks - our issues will always play second fiddle. It would be a good idea just to accept this and move on.....unfortunately we have a statue to remind us of this sitting outside Rogers Arena haha.

However, if Roger Neilson (HHOF) felt this way about the bias, it is good enough to hold weight with me.

The good news is we have a very strong fan base who are desperate for a cup - setting the longest sell out streak in professional sports :)..... use the mute button lol

It's no wonder nothings being done, this is our new executive in charge of player safety and supplemental discipline.

Stephane Quintal

stephane-quintal1_zpsc16c0c18.jpg

That must be it! Explains the entirety of why the NHL chose not to investigate further.

Nice photo find of his actions on none other than PJ Stock :lol:

(Though, I have to say that PJ has gotten better or less critical since he got his "Stock Exchange" segment. No need to try to stir the pot more than he needs to so the audience will acknowledge his presence...)

Any word on Kass I miss seeing him out there cant wait for my favorite player to be back.

Yup. From Today's Province:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/12/16/canucks-gm-benning-confident-his-team-will-rebound-looks-like-bos-here-to-stay/

Benning also said that winger Zack Kassian will be out two more weeks (reported broken finger).

Definitely nice to see a date circled in the calendar.

Now the d-core just has to hold the fort until he returns. Need the 2nd pairing and Weber to pull through.

Archived