The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Red Wings sign Tyler Bertuzzi to 3 year deal

I guess there still is hope, for a Bertuzzi to be a Canuck again someday...

The Detroit Red Wings signed winger Tyler Bertuzzi to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Bertuzzi, 19, has scored five points in six games for the Guelph Storm of the Ontario Hockey League this season after helping the team win the OHL Championship last season and advance to the Memorial Cup with 10 goals in 18 playoff games.

The 6-foot-1, 190-pound native of Sudbury, Ontario, was a second-round pick by Detroit in 2013 and has 78 points and 247 penalty minutes in 139 games with the Guelph over the past four seasons.

Bertuzzi is the nephew of Todd Bertuzzi, who spent six of his 18 NHL seasons with the Red Wings, and the younger Bertuzzi has acknowledged he enjoys the physical aspect of the game similar to what his uncle was known for.

"I love that part of the game," Tyler Bertuzzi told MLive.com before training camp this season. "It gets other teams off their game. Even fans. If I score, you put it back in their face."

Bertuzzi's 19 goals during the regular season and the playoffs last season matched his entire scoring production through his first two seasons in the OHL.

"I was a role type of player," Bertuzzi said. "The past few years I've been a grinder, done everything I could to stay in the OHL. My third year, I was concentrating on trying to create offense and score a few goals. It was a lot more fun.

"We're going to be losing a lot of guys (this season) so I'm going to be on the first line or second line. I can create some offense."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/17/red-wings-sign-bertuzzi-to-3-year-deal

Sounds like he enjoys playing with a little chip on his shoulder, may take after his Uncle Todd a bit there.

Or, you could just properly label the title and then it wouldn't get a lot of people.

Dude lighten up.

Thanks for the lolz op. I took this guy in one of my deep keeper leagues, hopefully he gets to play soon!

I still wouldn't mind a 1 year 2 way contract for Todd. Or give him some position in the organization. This guy bled heart and soul for us.

If Cloutier can get a job with this organization, then Tuzzi should too. One of my favourites.

Looked like the Sun wanted to troll people too.

Like a pro.

This is what got me in the first place, all I was doing was a google search on Bertuzzi to see what was going on with him. Then I see this Bertuzzi signs 3 years and I was like no way, had to check it out, but thought I would return the favor to all these wonderful happy people on CDC :lol:

Or, you could just go to the link and see the title is exactly the same....

So? You can't be smarter than the person who wrote the article and make it clear in the title after you yourself were fooled?

This is what got me in the first place, all I was doing was a google search on Bertuzzi to see what was going on with him. Then I see this Bertuzzi signs 3 years and I was like no way, had to check it out, but thought I would return the favor to all these wonderful happy people on CDC :lol:

Or you could intentionally troll people on CDC. I guess that works too.

So? You can't be smarter than the person who wrote the article and make it clear in the title after you yourself were fooled?

Or you could intentionally troll people on CDC. I guess that works too.

So, when posting now I have to be smarter then the person who wrote it, so some people don't get upset, because they don't know how to have a laugh. Thumbs up!

Isn't that what your doing right now? But I guess whatever floats your boat too.

Archived