Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion


Where's Wellwood

Recommended Posts

Spiderverse was fantastic.  Haven't seen new one but will at home.

I find the main MCU films exceedingly tedious.  Avengers 1-8 or whatever they called them were all the same movie and not one I found terribly enthralling.  Usually I am an easy mark for this stuff.  

I did like a lot of the movies outside the main story especially Guardians of the Galaxy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shang chi sucked. Black widow was almost mediocre. Falcon and winter soldier was ok. Loki lost me at crocodile loki. Wandavision took a while to get going and still barely mediocre. Hawkeye was dumb.

 

 Sadly, the worst thing about all this garbage entertainment is that good or bad, I cant even remember more than one or two scenes from any single one of them. They are just that.....entertainment mediocrity with a large budget. 

 

I expect eternals to be the worst though. Not even my hardcore comic friends were like “oh yeah the comics were awesome!”. Its like disneys marvel diversity quota. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2022 at 9:17 AM, MystifyNCrucify said:

Shang chi sucked. Black widow was almost mediocre. Falcon and winter soldier was ok. Loki lost me at crocodile loki. Wandavision took a while to get going and still barely mediocre. Hawkeye was dumb.

 

 Sadly, the worst thing about all this garbage entertainment is that good or bad, I cant even remember more than one or two scenes from any single one of them. They are just that.....entertainment mediocrity with a large budget. 

 

I expect eternals to be the worst though. Not even my hardcore comic friends were like “oh yeah the comics were awesome!”. Its like disneys marvel diversity quota. 

You are bang on with this. I’ve felt that the recent Star Wars Trilogy has tarnished it’s legacy a bit with how off the newer movies were. I know we are talking Sci-fi movies here, but when Disney got their white gloves on the Star Wars franchise, lots of it is exactly what you said… extremely mediocre. The rise of Skywalker was such a joke and disservice of what Star Wars stood for. There is no question that Disney rakes in the $. But the quality of films and programs are worrisome. I haven’t been as interested in the MCU since endgame and I agree with the reasons you have stated above. After watching those short and I call them mini series over actual TV

seasons, it’s hard to recall any memorable scenes from F&WS/WV/Loki/Hawkeye. Which have basically greenlit and force fed more side characters that we don’t care about. Did we ever want an Echo show? Seriously?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

You are bang on with this. I’ve felt that the recent Star Wars Trilogy has tarnished it’s legacy a bit with how off the newer movies were. I know we are talking Sci-fi movies here, but when Disney got their white gloves on the Star Wars franchise, lots of it is exactly what you said… extremely mediocre. The rise of Skywalker was such a joke and disservice of what Star Wars stood for. There is no question that Disney rakes in the $. But the quality of films and programs are worrisome. I haven’t been as interested in the MCU since endgame and I agree with the reasons you have stated above. After watching those short and I call them mini series over actual TV

seasons, it’s hard to recall any memorable scenes from F&WS/WV/Loki/Hawkeye. Which have basically greenlit and force fed more side characters that we don’t care about. Did we ever want an Echo show? Seriously?

Its not just disney sadly. Its anything entertainment related i find. Movies seem to follow a strict formula nowadays, whether its politics related or just outright plagiarism of another film. 

 

Watched one on amazon last night with mark wahlberg. Basically he is schizophrenic and remembers past lives. Started watching it and realized id seen it before except it was called the matrix. It even went so far as to stick him in a machine to unlock his memories, and to have him meet an oracle/marovingian hybrid character. 

 

Not just that, but the plots to movies are transparent. I dunno how many times i have figured out a “big plot twist” in the first fifteen mins. 

 

It is mediocre entertainment targeting mediocre human beings. 

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Dr Strange 2.  New fave marvel movie.  Most relatable and scariest bad arse bad guy.

 

Plus cameos that open up sooooo many possibilities

I cant wait for it to come out on video to watch it.  Previews look awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Was worth seeing it in theater honestly.  Hands down, just for the villain in it.

I don't think I have been to a theatre in 4-5 years.  Might have to give it a shot in a few weeks when the hype dies down and theatre would be less busy.

 

Mind you work stuck me on afternoons maybe I could get a day viewing when its empty....... hmmmm......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Russ said:

I don't think I have been to a theatre in 4-5 years.  Might have to give it a shot in a few weeks when the hype dies down and theatre would be less busy.

 

Mind you work stuck me on afternoons maybe I could get a day viewing when its empty....... hmmmm......

Stay off of social media.

 

The cameos made and the appearances of specific characters are great.  And the villain should not be spoiled for anyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I've been watching She-Hulk, and found it to be ok. Slightly different, rampant '4th wall' breaking. CGI is ok for a tv series.

They are however, repeating the whole " You must represent this client"; "I don't want to" thing way too much.

Really liked the 'super hero' team up between the man in yellow and the green skinned goddess.

Seems like the return of Dare Devil to his own series is coming. As long as they keep Charlie Cox in that role, I'll watch.

 

Biggest piss off:

It is now 2022 and I am sick and freaking tired of the whole "She sleeps around/whore/slut" angle being trotted out.

I know this is a series based on a comic book, but enough with the sex shaming.

 

 

I may not watch again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gurn said:

I've been watching She-Hulk, and found it to be ok. Slightly different, rampant '4th wall' breaking. CGI is ok for a tv series.

They are however, repeating the whole " You must represent this client"; "I don't want to" thing way too much.

Really liked the 'super hero' team up between the man in yellow and the green skinned goddess.

Seems like the return of Dare Devil to his own series is coming. As long as they keep Charlie Cox in that role, I'll watch.

 

Biggest piss off:

It is now 2022 and I am sick and freaking tired of the whole "She sleeps around/whore/slut" angle being trotted out.

I know this is a series based on a comic book, but enough with the sex shaming.

 

 

I may not watch again.

I kinda felt the same as well.

 

As for the Daredevil thing, they confirmed that there will be a new series.  They have confirmed that Cox will return as Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Vincent D’Onofrio as the Kingpin.  The other characters have yet to be confirmed as it won't stream until 2024.  Let the speculation begin as to the story direction this iteration will take.

 

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/23/23275849/daredevil-born-again-disney-plus-sdcc

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Vincent D’Onofrio as the Kingpin.

This is very good news.

They would have a tough time finding two better actors for those roles.

D'Onofrio is scary as hell as Kingpin.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Disney unveiled or changed the release dates for a slew of movie titles Tuesday, including Marvel’s Blade, which was announced this morning to be delaying production.

Among the changes, the as-yet-untitled Deadpool threequel has moved from September 6, 2024 to November 8, 2024, with Fantastic Four bumped from that latter date to February 14, 2025. Previously set for November 7, 2025, Avengers: Secret Wars, the first of back-to-back movies in the Avengers series, will now debut on May 5, 2026.

An untitled Marvel pic set for February 14, 2025 has been pushed to November 7, 2025, with another having been removed from the schedule after being set for May 1, 2026.

 

https://deadline.com/2022/10/blade-fantastic-four-avengers-secret-wars-release-dates-shift-1235141388/

 

 

Such a long wait for Secret wars 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, MarnersHair said:

 

Disney unveiled or changed the release dates for a slew of movie titles Tuesday, including Marvel’s Blade, which was announced this morning to be delaying production.

Among the changes, the as-yet-untitled Deadpool threequel has moved from September 6, 2024 to November 8, 2024, with Fantastic Four bumped from that latter date to February 14, 2025. Previously set for November 7, 2025, Avengers: Secret Wars, the first of back-to-back movies in the Avengers series, will now debut on May 5, 2026.

An untitled Marvel pic set for February 14, 2025 has been pushed to November 7, 2025, with another having been removed from the schedule after being set for May 1, 2026.

 

https://deadline.com/2022/10/blade-fantastic-four-avengers-secret-wars-release-dates-shift-1235141388/

 

 

Such a long wait for Secret wars 

I am still bitter that X-force was cancelled let alone waiting for deadpool and secret wars.

 

Have serious reservations about Blade as I've heard of the rumours of issues on set and it looks like it could very well be a tire fire in the making.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...