The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Convicted killer ‘endorses’ Nebraska Republican who used him in campaign ad

freebuddy

Convicted killer endorses Nebraska Republican who used him in campaign ad

ARTURO GARCIA 29 OCT 2014 AT 17:40 ET

A convicted killer shouted out a mocking endorsement in court on Wednesday for the Nebraska Republican featuring him in a congressional campaign ad, KMTV-TV reported.

Vote Lee Terry guys, greatest Republican ever, 26-year-old Nikko Jenkins said after a competency hearing. Vote for Lee Terry. Hes a great guy.

Jenkins has been the centerpiece of an ad released by the National Republican Campaign Committee (NRCC) earlier this month linking him to Terrys opponent, state Sen. Brad Ashford (D).

The commercial blasts Ashford for supporting the Good Time Law, which allowed Jenkins to serve half of a 21-year prison sentence for robbery and assault charges. Less than a month after being released, however, Jenkins killed four people last summer. Democrats have called the commercial a repellent, race-baiting ad and called for it to be taken off the air, but Terrys campaign has refused.

Terrys campaign manager, Kent Grisham, distanced himself from the commercial in a statement to KMTV.

Were not going to comment on the ranting of a serial killer who never should have gotten out of prison in the first place, Grisham said. This man does not deserve one more second of publicity, which is why we refused to use his name or face in any of the ads our campaign produced.

According to Roll Call, Terry trails Ashford by 5 percentage points, with Ashford amassing 46 percent of support of 2nd Congressional district voters compared to Terrys 41 percent. Libertarian candidate Steven Laird has the support of 6 percent of voters, while another 7 percent remained undecided.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/10/convicted-killer-endorses-nebraska-republican-who-used-him-in-campaign-ad/

God politics are absolutely retarded.

They get especially more retarded around US election season.

Article tl;dr -- both sides are fighting about who this convicted killer theoretically supports most, like throwing a completely irrelevant hot potato back and forth.

I guess you're not only supposed to care, but I guess a convicted killer's in-court rants are supposed to be relevant criteria in who you vote for.

Now you see why Americans vote like idiots.

Now you see why Americans vote like idiots.

It amazes me that so many people vote against their own interests. Politicians crap on poor people in both the red and blue states, but instead of voting in their best interests, people pretty much vote for a party. I'm an independant voter, but I call it like I see it, Republicans will screw over the middle class and the poor as long as it's in the best interest of large companies thart legally bribe them with donations. Until people lose the, it's us vs. them idiotic mentality that people engage in, the US will continue to trend downwards..

There's a lot of things that Bill Maher says that can be irritating, but one thing that he was spot on correct about is that most of the hicks in the south and the upper middle of the country red states feel like they are, "temporarily inconvenienced millionaires". i.e. They think that they are going to be rich someday, but because of the people that they blindly vote into office, they are just shooting themselves in the foot. That idiot without a license, "Joe the plumber" is still relatively poor and unlicensed and without that small business that he wanted to create.

It amazes me that so many people vote against their own interests. Politicians crap on poor people in both the red and blue states, but instead of voting in their best interests, people pretty much vote for a party. I'm an independant voter, but I call it like I see it, Republicans will screw over the middle class and the poor as long as it's in the best interest of large companies thart legally bribe them with donations. Until people lose the, it's us vs. them idiotic mentality that people engage in, the US will continue to trend downwards..

Basically agree, but would replace the word "Republicans" with "elected politicians". Democrats are similarly bribed, often by the same companies. Both parties cater to special interests over the general population. Independents and smaller party politicians would get offered bribes as their influence grows.

One could also qualify the statement, and state it as "most politicians", allowing for those that are elected but perhaps not succumbing to the bribery. I can't claim to know of any, but I will allow for the possibility. One needs to have some hope.

Basically agree, but would replace the word "Republicans" with "elected politicians". Democrats are similarly bribed, often by the same companies. Both parties cater to special interests over the general population. Independents and smaller party politicians would get offered bribes as their influence grows.

One could also qualify the statement, and state it as "most politicians", allowing for those that are elected but perhaps not succumbing to the bribery. I can't claim to know of any, but I will allow for the possibility. One needs to have some hope.

Absolutely. The problems that I have with the Republicans first began when the "Christian Coalition" sunk their claws into that party. Then even worse, the Tea party came along and made it so you have to be a ultra-conservative crazy person in most red states in order to get elected.

As much as the Republicans love to make Reagan sound like a conservative giant, he was anything but. Reagan would now be considered a moderate. The only thing staunchly conservative about him was his buying into the idea of "trickle down" economics which proved to be a huge failure of epic proportions.

When it comes to being a Democrat, you just need to be a spineless pus*y who is willing to wilt like a flower when things become even the slightest bit tough politically.

Archived