The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Edmonton.

BeefGormley

I know the plan was to recall horvat from utica on Sunday. But if burrow ends up suspended does anyone think it may be a good idea to call him today?

I know we have sestito as an extra forward but part of me thinks this would be a good game for bo to start. He's had a days rest. Edmonton is typically a weaker team.

Just throwing it out there. What do you guys think?

I don't think they will recall Horvat. They want to give him as many professional games as possible. So if they recall him early, they will not be able to send him back down to the AHL, thus losing 2 games of extra professional game experience. Sestito has been a good soldier, and will get into the game if Burrows is suspended. But looking at the replays, Burrows first point of contact is the shoulder, which he braised, before Emelin's head got hit.

I know the plan was to recall horvat from utica on Sunday. But if burrow ends up suspended does anyone think it may be a good idea to call him today?

I know we have sestito as an extra forward but part of me thinks this would be a good game for bo to start. He's had a days rest. Edmonton is typically a weaker team.

I'd stick to the plan. We can use Tito or even call up Jensen. I'd be happy with either.

Wouldn't mind Matthias taking burrows spot in case there is a suspension.

#Canucks taking a morning skate before hitting the road for Edmonton. pic.twitter.com/bUl2zb2TdZ
B1S26iYCcAISw-D.jpg
Burrows taking early reps on defence with Stanton. #canucks
Hansen with Bonino and Higgins. #canucks
Sestito with Dorsett and Vey. #Canucks

Ugh Hansen on our second line? Really?

Sorry but Zack is way more talented and should get the chance. I guess our third has been playing really well the last few games, that could possibly be why they are going with Hansen.

Sorry but Zack makes terrible defensive plays and takes awful penalties.

Hansen is better suited for taking burrs spot at the moment.

I'd go either Hansen or Matthias

Ugh Hansen on our second line? Really?

Sorry but Zack is way more talented and should get the chance. I guess our third has been playing really well the last few games, that could possibly be why they are going with Hansen.

Bonino can't skate, every game he is the slowest player on the ice. He needs speedy wingers that can get in on the forecheck to get the puck & are also defensively astute enough to cover for him backchecking. That eliminates Vey, Kassian, Dorsett, Sestito & Matthias as possible linemates for him since they all have their own question marks when it comes to defensive coverage.

Nah let Sestito finally get some games in this back to back. Horvat can join on the Cali and Denver road trip.

It seems like we're playing the Oilers every other week..We are also undefeated against them,it almost makes you wonder if they are due to win one.?.....I don't think that its going to be an easy game at all (same goes for Nashville the following night),but you have to capitalize on the teams you're supposed to beat.

I personally would rather see Vey replacing Burrows in the top six than Hansen.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Hansen - Richardson - Kassian

Sestito - Matthias - Dorsett

Same here. Hansen is a perfect fit for the bottom 6 and PK

Archived