The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver vs Edmonton.

BeefGormley

So what do you think of Schwartz's skating ability since he couldn't catch the average skater Bonino

Are you under the impression that bonino is a speedster? Have you seen him skate?

On a scale of Douglas Murray to Nathan mckinnon he comes in at nick bonino. Aka average.

I personally would rather see Vey replacing Burrows in the top six than Hansen.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Hansen - Richardson - Kassian

Sestito - Matthias - Dorsett

Yup. This is what I want to see.

I still don't think Higgins is a 2nd liner though.

At some point this season I want to see a 2nd line of:

Vey/Jensen/Shinkaruk - Bonino - Kassian

Don't believe me? lets check his scouting report...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nick_bonino/

Talent Analysis
Bonino is a talented playmaker, he has excellent vision, hockey sense, passing skills and imagination. His feet do not quite catch up to his hands and eyes, but his speed is adequate. Hampered by nagging injuries, Bonino could benefit immensely from an uninterrupted stretch with a well-defined role.
Is adequate a better word than average for you?

Bonino can't skate, every game he is the slowest player on the ice. He needs speedy wingers that can get in on the forecheck to get the puck & are also defensively astute enough to cover for him backchecking. That eliminates Vey, Kassian, Dorsett, Sestito & Matthias as possible linemates for him since they all have their own question marks when it comes to defensive coverage.

Bonino can't skate? Which Bonino are you talking about?

He can skate but it's average at best.

In the previous page you say he can't skate, on this page you say he can skate. That's what I'm getting at bud.

That was GrogZilla that sais he couldnt skate. i was actually defending bonino saying that he can skate.

I didn't even know Corrado was sent back down. He scored a goal in tonight's game.

Did the Canucks even announce that?

I guess Sestito is in since it doesn't appear that they're calling anyone up.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Higgins Bonino Vey

Dorsett Richardson Kassian

Sestito Matthias Hansen

Don't believe me? lets check his scouting report...

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nick_bonino/

Talent Analysis
Bonino is a talented playmaker, he has excellent vision, hockey sense, passing skills and imagination. His feet do not quite catch up to his hands and eyes, but his speed is adequate. Hampered by nagging injuries, Bonino could benefit immensely from an uninterrupted stretch with a well-defined role.
Is adequate a better word than average for you?

Adequate is fine if you have a good hockey IQ. He's a playmaker, so it's his thinking that has to be blazing fast.

Archived