The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sbisa-Weber

Junkyard Dog

Sbisa has been impressive the last few games. You can tell he's getting more and more comfortable and his confidence is pretty high right now. Love his physicality too and hope he can keep this play up against the big bad Cali teams

Ya i really think weber has earned a spot, too bad bieksa doesnt want to get traded

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that Bieksa or Edler makes some great plays sometimes, then screws over the team with some untimely plays and giveaways.

Weber is underrated. He needs to shoot the puck more.

I agree with the OP.

Weber has made it hard for Stanton to return and Sbisa is starting to get the confidence and play his draft position laid claims to.

Bieksa is also playing well. He takes too much of the load on himself sometimes regarding offence and that's why he gets caught out now and again but hey I wouldn't change him, he is all heart.

Tanev too was good last night after a shaky game against the Habs.

We have guys now and a coach who know how to grind it out on nights when everything is not falling into place.

They're an interesting pairing because both have offensive talents that sometimes over shadow their defensive game. Sbisa's been quite good, sometimes I think he really has the makings of a solid top 4 Dman but most of the time I'm just glad we have his talent and physical play in our bottom pairing.

I seriously think both guys are underrated. Once Edler get's going offensively I think a better case can be made for reinserting Stanton back into the lineup.

Bieksa has been fine. He's invaluable to the team so relax he's not going anywhere. Those 2 have been very solid as well. Very happy with their play.

Yup juice has been playing decent. No way he should get scratched. New coach, new system, we're winning games.

After next season will be UFA for both Hamhuis and Bieska....then what...will Sbiza, Tanev, Stanton, Corrado be front line top 4 defencemen and will either Bieska/Hamhuis be resigned and if so for how long ( they will be 34 and 32 respectively ) If you recall JB mentioned that he felt Sbiza was a top 4 D. Edler will be there and Tanev too but at this stage the others are a 50-50 proposition

Archived