The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best 4th line?

Indecisive

After watching the first 10 games, I've noticed that our fourth line of Dorsett, Vey,Hansen (It changes obviously)Have been performing pretty well so far in terms of puck possession and scoring chances. Everybody focuses on the top two lines, but our 4th line seems to be one of the better ones in the league. Thoughts on this?

Agreed -- I think Dorsett/Vey/Hansen is a great 4th line. The problem with our 4th line in the 1st 5 games was Matthias. That guy didn't like being on the 4th line, and he played like it.

Tbh, I don't see Matthias having a spot on this team -- at least if Horvat comes back and stays.

1st line: Twins+Vrbata

2nd line: Burrows, Bonino, Higgins (don't always score, but their defense has been rock solid at +4 for the line)

3rd line: MATTHIAS, Richardson, Kass

Matthias will lose his spot on the 3rd line if Horvat comes back and stays. But then Matthias on the 4th line doesn't work. So what do we do with this guy?

Is he just a piece to be traded off at the deadline for a pick? He's a UFA anyway, and he won't sign for 4th line money. This guy wants to play on the 3rd line, and he won't sign anywhere unless them give him 3rd line money. Unless his performance seriously increases, no way the Canucks sign him to a contract for 3rd line money.

Agreed -- I think Dorsett/Vey/Hansen is a great 4th line. The problem with our 4th line in the 1st 5 games was Matthias. That guy didn't like being on the 4th line, and he played like it.

Tbh, I don't see Matthias having a spot on this team -- at least if Horvat comes back and stays.

1st line: Twins+Vrbata

2nd line: Burrows, Bonino, Higgins (don't always score, but their defense has been rock solid at +4 for the line)

3rd line: MATTHIAS, Richardson, Kass

Matthias will lose his spot on the 3rd line if Horvat comes back and stays. But then Matthias on the 4th line doesn't work. So what do we do with this guy?

Is he just a piece to be traded off at the deadline for a pick? He's a UFA anyway, and he won't sign for 4th line money. This guy wants to play on the 3rd line, and he won't sign anywhere unless them give him 3rd line money. Unless his performance seriously increases, no way the Canucks sign him to a contract for 3rd line money.

I believe someone needs to refer back to this....

According to the coach, we don't have a 4th line.

I like this notion of three good third lines to complement the Sedins-Vrbata line.

I missed the game...how did Sestito play tonight? The only thing I've noted is that he got an assist on Vey's goal.

Gretztito or Thorntito tonight

Dorsett's emergence clearly all because Topsixtito was put in the line up....

or Topsixtito hahaha!

According to the coach, we don't have a 4th line.

love it.

just certain lines for different roles.

Too many coaches treat their players in a class system where the 4th line are the peasants. Vey plays on there not because he sucks, but he fits there as a balance to the muscle.

Also, WD knows the more you play the "4th" the better they get, the more confidence, the better...etc. no matter who the players are. There is too much emphisis on finding the perfect 4th liner. Because there are more available for that role of a player, the easier it is to just try one for a game or two and discard and replace. They are all at about the same skill level. Which is not bad, one of the top 1000 players in the world. You play them, they bet better. Simple as that.

Archived