The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Free Advice From BananaMash Thread

BananaMash

Should I continue to the next episode of Gilmore Girls or go to sleep?

As a man, Gilmore girls is such a conundrum IMO.

On one side it's INCREDIBLY girly. You can practically feel the estrogen oozing through the TV. Blech :sick:

On the flip side, the latter seasons....Dat hot mother daughter threesome fantasy...

1279082592656.jpg

tv_gilmore_girls05.jpg

Free advice? Okay, since our youngest is finally gone to college my wife has been feeling empty nest syndrome a bit, what can I do to help? We've been talking about getting a dog for a few years now but never had, should I get one now?

Adopt an old dog....give him/her some good last few years....already mellowed out maybe even trained....no breeder/puppy mill inbred money pit bullcrap....

Sorry bananamasg dont mean to steal your thunder. ...I just like dogs

OH, and BM, how do you feel about Monty waxing his giblets?

I think Monty is free to do whatever he pleases with his giblets.

how much do you normally chage for advice, and is the quality of the paid for advice far superior to the free version? also, do i have to pay to access all of the advice?

You can micropurchase slightly better advice that will give you a huge advantage over those using the regular advice. This is not mandatory, but it costs Mash Coins which start at $5 for 50.

what's the best way to break the ice?

By being really cripplingly obese.

Free advice? Okay, since our youngest is finally gone to college my wife has been feeling empty nest syndrome a bit, what can I do to help? We've been talking about getting a dog for a few years now but never had, should I get one now?

If you do look into dogs, I'd take the time to look into rescues and such obviously. Go around and meet the perspective pooches, and don't adopt until you find one you're sure of. It might take some time to find a proper fit, but it'll be well worth it in the end.

My family still has my childhood dog who is now 15, but when I left for my first year of university in 2012 they adopted a small rescue dog. She's become a wonderful part of the family, kept my old-man dog much more active and healthy, and they do not regret it one bit.

Just make sure you're really certain you want to commit to it, and that it's not an impulse move.

What are some of the nicest sounding words in your opinion Mash?

I really like the sound of the word "solidarity", I'm not sure why, but it's nice. It's just a fun word to say, it's like it almost bounces when you say it. Even though it's a negative word, I've always thought "anomie" sounds really pretty too. "Lilac" also sounds nice.

I know you didn't ask, but "fragrance" is a terrible word.

Adopt an old dog....give him/her some good last few years....already mellowed out maybe even trained....no breeder/puppy mill inbred money pit bullcrap....

Sorry bananamasg dont mean to steal your thunder. ...I just like dogs

If you do look into dogs, I'd take the time to look into rescues and such obviously. Go around and meet the perspective pooches, and don't adopt until you find one you're sure of. It might take some time to find a proper fit, but it'll be well worth it in the end.

My family still has my childhood dog who is now 15, but when I left for my first year of university in 2012 they adopted a small rescue dog. She's become a wonderful part of the family, kept my old-man dog much more active and healthy, and they do not regret it one bit.

Just make sure you're really certain you want to commit to it, and that it's not an impulse move.

Ha ha! I didn't actually expect serious answers seeing some of the content in this thread but I do thank you both for the advice. I asked my wife and she does want a dog, a young one preferably, like 1-2 years old, we're still fairly young (age ain't nothing but a number, right?) and we're both very active.

Ha ha! I didn't actually expect serious answers seeing some of the content in this thread but I do thank you both for the advice. I asked my wife and she does want a dog, a young one preferably, like 1-2 years old, we're still fairly young (age ain't nothing but a number, right?) and we're both very active.

I don't mess around with animals :lol:

You should be able to find what you're looking for fairly easily. The dog my family adopted was two years old. There's definitely lots out there looking for homes. If that doesn't do it for you, you could also adopt a small child from a third world country like Angelina Jolie does.

I don't mess around with animals :lol:

You should be able to find what you're looking for fairly easily. The dog my family adopted was two years old. There's definitely lots out there looking for homes. If that doesn't do it for you, you could also adopt a small child from a third world country like Angelina Jolie does.

Ha ha! That's a good thing!

Yeah, we'll go looking after we talk some more and decide if she wants to get a dog or not.

Ha ha! Yeah, I don't know man, two daughters was hard enough, I don't think I could survive another child!

I really like the sound of the word "solidarity", I'm not sure why, but it's nice. It's just a fun word to say, it's like it almost bounces when you say it. Even though it's a negative word, I've always thought "anomie" sounds really pretty too. "Lilac" also sounds nice.

I know you didn't ask, but "fragrance" is a terrible word.

There are so many nice words that start with s in my opinion

Serenity

Succubus

Sepsis

Silhouette

Susurrus

Some of my other favorites:

Vespertine

Eloquent

Crisp

Ethereal

Crepuscular