The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

predictions for upcoming road trip (Col/Cal)

yes we can nucks

On the upcoming road trip starting Tuesday, the Canucks take on Colorado, San Jose, LA, and Anaheim on alternate days. How many of them do you think we can win?

My predictions:

1. Colorado is 2-3-5 in their last 10. They're not playing well and are last in the Central. WIN

2. San Jose is 4-4-2 in their last 10. They are tied with Van for 2nd in the Pacific but have played 1 more game. They have lost to mediocre and weak teams ... NYI, NYR, CBJ, and Buff. WIN

3. LA is 6-3-1 in their last 10. They are 5th in the Pac, but just 2 behind Van.with the same number of games. They have lost to mediocre and weak teams ... Arizona, Philly, Carolina. But they will take advantage of a tired Canucks team. LOSS

4. Anaheim is 8-2-0 in their last 10 and have lost only 3 games so far ... none to weak teams.

They are first overall in the NHL with 20 pts, but just 4 pts more than Van with one more game played. They will be too much for Vancouver at the end of their trip (6th game in 9 nights, plus a back to back). LOSS

So I figure we will break even 2-2, and I will be happy with that.

Honestly, I dont know if I can confidently say we'll snag 1 win on this road trip. With Bieksa potentially injured, and Burr suspended for 2 of the games, ehhh.....

This'll be a really good test on where we stand among the higher echelon of teams in the NHL

2-2

We will be better prepared for the COL. Like us they have just finished a back to back and play us Tuesday. 3rd in 4 nights for both teams. No excuses.

Sharks play us after a four day break so if we're lucky we could catch them with some rust but I wouldn't count on it after a month of hockey. I am skeptical about this game.

Kings have a similar schedule this week. They play a game every other day. If we can control That's 70 line then it should be a low scoring game.

I doubt we win the tail end of a back to back against ANA. I am looking forward to this game though.

I fear for a 0-4-0 track record since we've got by far the toughest week among these teams, which will also play at home.

However, 3 pts combined would be a good enough result, so I hope we can do that! :)

4 pts or more is just a bonus considering the schedule, away games and the injuries right now...

Go Canucks Go :towel: :towel:

Archived