The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone watching Arrow and/or /The Flash?

Dazzle

I've been watching these shows lately, though I'm only on Season Two on Arrow, which is an older show. I'm really enjoying them. Some great acting. Both these shows are filmed in Vancouver.

Arrow = downtown eastside primarily.

Flash = City Hall/Rogers Arena.

As an aside, I didn't realize until recently that Jason Garrison is/was dating Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance of Arrow). This is public knowledge, but regardless, there is no intent to further elaborate on this.

Any comic book fans here?

How accurate are the shows when it comes to source material? (Both these shows crossover with each other in some aspects).

I am a TV fanatic and Smallville is the show that got me hooked. I was always a big comic book fan and Smallville now seems cheeky to me. Love Arrow and Flash and cant wait for Robbie Amell(stephen Amells, Cousin) to make it as a superhero.

BTW how do you watch Flash while still in season 2

I like Arrow quite a bit better than The Flash, even though the Flash is only a few episodes in. I absolutely HATE Laurel's character though :P (sorry Jason)

same here, fell its just really bad acting. My favorite character has to be felicity and then Roy

I am a TV fanatic and Smallville is the show that got me hooked. I was always a big comic book fan and Smallville now seems cheeky to me. Love Arrow and Flash and cant wait for Robbie Amell(stephen Amells, Cousin) to make it as a superhero.

I watched The Flash first and naturally, I saw Arrow's character in the first couple of episodes. I decided to watch Arrow but I'm still behind.

I had no idea that Robbie Amell was going to be involved as a superhero. I've still got quite some episodes to go. Though I've read ahead, I don't really remember what happens.

Ahhh Smallville, good times.

Watch the Flash! Everybody. I have 2 relatives who work on that show (nothing exciting just behind the scenes grunt work) but they get paid well and work usually 15 hour shifts so overtime piles up. All everyone who works on it wants is to get renewed for another season. The show has been doing extremely well for The CW (the channel, a joint venture between CBS and Warner Brothers) with the series premiere being watched across all platforms over 12 million times.

The TV series is "based" on the Flash comic character but separate in a shared universe with the Arrow TV series. It is considered a spin-off from The Arrow. So anything that happens on the show is definitely not canon as far as the Flash DC comic character is considered.

While The Flash has been a member of the Justice League in the comics there is no Flash character listed in the upcoming Justice league movies (2017). The movie has been on hold since 2007 and at various times there has been a Flash character in the script and even Adam Brody was cast in the part in 2009 but that incarnation of the project stalled and in script rewrites there is no longer a Flash character.

Watch the Flash! Everybody. I have 2 relatives who work on that show (nothing exciting just behind the scenes grunt work) but they get paid well and work usually 15 hour shifts so overtime piles up. All everyone who works on it wants is to get renewed for another season. The show has been doing extremely well for The CW (the channel, a joint venture between CBS and Warner Brothers) with the series premiere being watched across all platforms over 12 million times.

The TV series is "based" on the Flash comic character but separate in a shared universe with the Arrow TV series. It is considered a spin-off from The Arrow. So anything that happens on the show is definitely not canon as far as the Flash DC comic character is considered.

While The Flash has been a member of the Justice League in the comics there is no Flash character listed in the upcoming Justice league movies (2017). The movie has been on hold since 2007 and at various times there has been a Flash character in the script and even Adam Brody was cast in the part in 2009 but that incarnation of the project stalled and in script rewrites there is no longer a Flash character.

Flash was filming up at UBC this summer. I meant to watch it to see if I could spot the building, but I keep forgetting.

That's awesome.

I enjoy The Flash. I think it's a great show.

I heard that they were doing some filming in Downtown today. I was there and saw that there was filming but I couldn't confirm if it was that show that was doing it.

First half of season 1 of Arrow started off a little rocky, but after that its only gotten better and better. Never even really knew anything about the Green Arrow before this show and now hes one of my favorite super heros. Great show.

Yeah, he's such a badass!

Its pretty cool to watch scenes and realize that you've been there. The final action sequence in episode 2 of the flash was filmed at SFU Surrey.

Anyways, Ive been watching both shows and they're pretty good but i seem to look forward to Agents of Shield more.

The Flash has several very recognizable areas - Granville (Vogue Theatre), Thurlow (a lot of these!), City Hall (16th and Cambie).

This show tends to be in Downtown a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also really enjoying both these shows - especially Felicity... so smexy!

Green Arrow was originally supposed to be a darker version of Batman, someone who wasn't afraid to kill the bad guys - so it's kinda nice they went back to that. When I first heard about the Arrow, I was told is was just some cheesy knock off of Green Arrow that wasn't DC - (boy do I have some dumb friends) so i went into it with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. I really like some of the cameo's and how they are developing the other heroes and villians from the DC universe.... hopefully Flash keeps up that trend.

Barry also makes a cameo in an Arrow episode (before the Flash series came out) so that was cool.

Archived