The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Latest Development on Tamra Keepness (missing Aboriginal girl since 10 years ago)... on Reddit!

Dazzle

Here's a chilling story of a poster on Reddit posting a map which he/she claims to be from his/her late grandmother's. She suggested to check the 'old wells' to find the body. Police are investigating, but haven't yet decided if these tips are valid.

There's lots of rumors about her being a victim of organized crime. The father and mother are/were substance abusers and this is public knowledge at this point, rather than innuendo. How you judge them or not is entirely up to you. Thoughts?

Read the whole story in these links.

The OP's thread with map (OP deleted his account).

https://www.reddit.com/r/regina/comments/2l3hvn/location_of_tamra_keepness_check_the_wells/

And another thread related to it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/2l7mtt/the_appearance_of_a_crudelooking_map_on_reddit/

It's a chilling story.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-identify-30-wells-as-they-follow-up-on-tamra-keepness-tip-1.2087225

Here is the link to the CTV news story.

REGINA -- Police in Saskatchewan have identified about 30 wells in an aboriginal community as they check out a possible new lead in the case of a five-year-old girl who has been missing for more than 10 years.

Tamra Keepness disappeared from a Regina home in July 2004.

On Monday someone posted a crudely drawn map on the social media website Reddit that claims to show where her body is located that carries the notation "check the wells."

Tamra Keepness is seen in this undated file photo.

Regina police and RCMP say the wells they have identified are on the Muscowpetung Saulteaux First Nation northeast of Regina.

Police say they are putting together a plan that may include a close inspection of these wells, but are not sure yet where to start.

Regina police spokeswoman Elizabeth Popowich says investigators still haven't confirmed if the map and tip are genuine.

"We can't confirm yet that this "map", which is not to scale and whose features may be kilometres apart, even holds information about Tamra Keepness," Popowich said in a news release Tuesday.

"But we have to make every effort to learn more."

Tamra's disappearance sparked a massive search involving hundreds of police and volunteers.

Police have said over the years that they have received close to 1,700 tips related to the case, but they haven't yielded any breakthroughs in the investigation.

A reward for information leading to Keepness's recovery was raised earlier this year to $50,000.

Yeah, I saw a link to this story on the CBC website. Sad all around.

Hopefully they can find her and finally give some closure to her family.

Same here.

I really hope that this tip is real, even though the best option would be for her to stay alive.

Same here.

I really hope that this tip is real, even though the best option would be for her to stay alive.

It is. But 10 years later, she'd be a teenager who likely doesn't even remember her parents. She may even think of her captor(s) as her parents.

Of course, that would still be preferable to the alternative...

It is. But 10 years later, she'd be a teenager who likely doesn't even remember her parents. She may even think of her captor(s) as her parents.

Of course, that would still be preferable to the alternative...

It's just a glimmer of hope that seems to fade with time. I think everyone, maybe excluding the parents, all have assumed that she is dead.

I've always wondered about the missing people that have not been found for years. Sometimes they are runaways that deliberately don't want to be found, i.e for the purposes of suicide or just meeting some other person. Then, in turn, whatever happens to them... nobody finds out. Other times, they are kidnapped and are a victim of a homicide, yet their bodies are well-hidden. Rarely do either runaways or kidnap victims actually survive and manage to live a double life.

Archived