The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat Scored his First NHL goal last night - and yet Derek Dorsett is still credited with it

Totes McGoats

They do tend to review the goals/assists after the game.

I see nothing conclusive that indicates that Horvat last touched the puck.

As much as I want Horvat to get that goal, I don't see the change happening.

The picture above literally shows the puck touching the blade of his stick as it gets redirected.

I just watched it frame by frame one thousand and six times and it's quite possible it was his goal. It may have been over his stick in the freeze frame, in real time the puck doesn't slow down or change direction. It also looks like it may have hit his foot on the way in. I'm sure the Canucks will be interested in the league getting it right.

Bo Horvat is getting ripped off here. This image proves it. Sorry I couldn't remove the grey bar at the top, but you can absolutely see the puck hitting Bo's stick clearly. I encourage everyone to look at the same angle via the youtube video.

nrvLo0Z.png

LINK TO VIDEO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by_lgeevakg

The picture above literally shows the puck touching the blade of his stick as it gets redirected.

B1sV_UiCcAAlqgA.jpg

B1sW1zbCMAA1XaT.jpg

B1sW1z2CQAAsu50.jpg

no, the player in front of him tipped the puck over bo's stick it's about 1-2 feet over the blade of his stick in your screenshot

While I believe Horvat did deflect the puck there and it should have been his goal, the image only proves that the puck passed over his stick. Without the side angle we don't know for sure.

Either way, I don't think I have ever seen the NHL change the official scoring after a game was over.

If you actually watch the video - the puck changes direction when it hits bo's stick.... also, his stick reacts to being hit by the puck.

And of course he's going to be humble and amazing about it... but I just think it's a rip off.

B1sV_UiCcAAlqgA.jpg

B1sW1zbCMAA1XaT.jpg

B1sW1z2CQAAsu50.jpg

no, the player in front of him (GUENIN ) tipped the puck over bo's stick it's about 1-2 feet over the blade of his stick in your screenshot

Archived