The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[value of] Madison Bowey

Watch this guy play in Kelowna. Seen many good young Defenders come from the Rockets and continue to wish we would draft on of the recent good young Right handed D men they have had.

What would it take to get Bowey from Washington? Sounds like they may have interest in a goalie from what i read on HF boards.

Lack and Hansen/matthias

for

Bowey and Peters/pick

is that close?

Bowey has the size and poise to make it i believe. His play this season has been very solid. Putting up solid numbers.

I'ts probably close,

But i'd rather see a combination of the following items traded or pieced together in an attempt at Larsson and Gormley

Hansen, Matthias, Stanton, 4th to 7th in 2015 and 2nd to 7th in 2016.

Washington knows the player they have in Bowey. He's a frigging stud.

The easiest thing to do would be arm bar Benning and choke hold Linden to ensure that they draft at least 1 D man from the rockets a year for the next 4 seasons because seriously, all kelowna does is churn out studs. STUDS.

Do the math and check, it's kind of disgusting the talent we've passed on.

the frequency that people on these boards use the word "stud" makes me think you're all homos

The frequency with which I hear people use such childish words makes me think that they're secretly fans of Alberta teams.

most of us use words like Stud Star or blue chip because we've seen these kids play with their respective junior clubs for years. Like I live in the Okanagan and saw Keith Weber Bowie and Severson play for the Rockets, I knew they were special players and picked at great spots by their teams.

Whereas you use the word homo like you're familiar with it in the same manner as we are junior players.

So....

What would it take to get Bowey from Washington? Sounds like they may have interest in a goalie from what i read on HF boards.

Lack +

for

Bowey +

Hmm if they need goalies then that's what we'll give them. We have such a loaded goalie pipe-line with potential (including Lack, Markstrom, Eriksson, Demko, Cannata) that if some of these players start to really show potential over others then the team can trade one of them to address other needs. In fact that's what I'd say Washington would do, since in front of Bowey they already have several puck-moving options in their line-up and in their prospects (Green, Carlson, Niskanen, Schmidt, Carrick). If they need a goalie then by all means I'd say trade with them, since I'd rather move one of the net-minders than trade a forward scoring prospect to Arizona. It took us awhile to stockpile young scoring prospects (Jensen, Gaunce, Horvat, Shink, Virtanen, Cassels, Fox?) using mostly 1st rounders, whereas goalies can be picked with later picks, so I'd keep the forwards.

sounds like only one person thought they should upgrade in goal. they want a C or top 6 forward apparently.

hansen and a 3rd is fair, id even ,make it a 2016 2nd at most.

Seen Bowey play, he is very good. Would love to see him on the canucks. need more whl scouts, not sure why we wouldnt have a closer look at kelowna rockets just due to the fact in 10 or so years ive seen: keith, weber, edler, myers, severson, bowey, barrie, jorges, hannan, regehr, schenn, souray.

all those D men have at some point been/are or will be top 4 d men. thats quite impressive

gaunce and hansen

for

bowey?

Watch this guy play in Kelowna. Seen many good young Defenders come from the Rockets and continue to wish we would draft on of the recent good young Right handed D men they have had.

Lack and Hansen/matthias

for

Bowey and Peters/pick

is that close?

Bowey has the size and poise to make it i believe. His play this season has been very solid. Putting up solid numbers.

Looks like he's a good prospect. I can't guess what Washington would ask for him.

I'm not seeing why Canucks would want Peters. Wouldn't it just leave another logjam at goal? Can someone let me know what I"m missing?

it was only if washington wanted to move a goalie back. sounds like they are fine with their goalies for now. Their right side on defence is set for a while especially if they resign green. But they may move him if he demands too high a salary, which i can see happening if he remains healthy most of the year.

If we could get green for a more win now scenario, and have an agreed say 2 year extension in place i would be willing to acquire him also as he is a good pp qb.

But Bowey is the future going forward which we could use a higher end D man with good upside

Rather go after Orlov, he's a solid physical PMD with a big shot. Fairly solid defensively. Pretty good skater. Left hand shot but prefers the right side.

Gaunce+2nd or Jensen+2nd for Orlov

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Orlov

Stanton-Bieksa

Sbisa/Weber/Corrado

That is a very deep D-core.

Jensen for Bowey + 3rd

-we have a gluten of forwards on the big club and in the pipeline, we get the 3rd, as Jensen is more advanced in development

I'm curious as to where you see Jensen fit in the WSH roster or their plan for the future?

They are loaded on young offensive talent.

Archived