The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green Men announce that this is their last season

Watermelons

Haven't seem them much in the last couple years, but they were always entertaining when they were there.

I'll be sad to see them go. Hopefully we have plenty of powerplays this year, looking forward to see what they'll come up with.

Potentially show their balls of steel to Brad Marchand? Hopefully that scares him off.

There's a big difference between cheering noise and people being drunken idiots. That distinction is lost on many. And I am speaking generally not anything to do with the Green Men,

This.. I was at the montreal game and there was a kid behind me that was absolutely obnoxious. Screaming HAAAABS non stop for almost entire periods, not cheering plays just screaming as loud as possible haaaaabs!!.. CONSTANTLY . I am not exaggerating. probably about 10 people in my row including a number of Habs fans were all f'ing annoyed and quickly developing headaches. By the end of the 3rd even habs fans were turning and giving the kids dad dirty looks and i think he told him to calm the f down in french.. if that had of been an adult screaming in my ear like that he would have gotten punched.

There is having a good time and cheering and then there is being an obnoxious idiot and they aren't the same thing.

I didn't even know they were still at the games last year, never mind this year. The camera never goes to them anymore if they do.

They bring some actual fan excitement into the building.

I wish the fans would be or even could be louder. The security there seem to not allow it sometimes and tell people to quiet down.

Good there 15 minutes ran out a long time ago.

If you're going to slam others, please use proper grammar. Yes, I am the popo.

I, for one, will be sorry to see them go....love their antics and when there are llulls, the camera panning to them always re-energizes the building. All good things must come to an end I guess. Their they're there headstands were the best.

Deb, nice.

On another note, I met the clapper a number of years ago at a party in Nvan. I remember talking to him and saying, so... do the Canucks pay you? He said no. I said well I guess you get free tickets? He said no, he buys his own tickets and they just arrange with him to get some "air time".

Silly me. I told him that people love his shtick and he should tell the Canucks that he needs seasons tickets at a minimum and really, he should be paid for what he does.

You know, has any one else had the experience of giving advice and then wishing they hadn't? Not too long after that party the clapper disappeared off the Canuck radar screen. I have often wondered if I gave him a bum steer, he went to the Canucks, on my advice, with high hopes of making a new deal and they decided to kill his gig.

Oh boy. Geez I hope not.

So Clapper, if you are out there, what happened?

hmm, I really haven't noticed them much this season or last. I honestly had forgotten about them, you rarely see the camera pan to them, or catch them on highlights anymore.

I think the CBC and other networks started just refusing to show them anymore. Probably because they realized that the green men brought more entertainment in 3 or 4 seconds than they did for an entire intermission, and worse, they couldn't take any credit. I remember the last times I saw them the camera would quickly jump away if they started standing up to perform. They probably have gotten tired of preparing some act only to be ignored by the corporate media.

And ChuckNORRIS4Cup is right. Predictable to find No Fun Vancouverites in here. A couple of guys actually put out some effort, without pay, to wake up the fans with an original act. Their skits didn't always work, but when they did it was hilarious.

That's good to hear. Green men were part of the arrogance era. A big reason why other teams hate us. They were funny at times. Everyone has to retire though :)

Honestly, who cares?

You never hear anything about people hating teams like Florida and Buffalo because all they've done lately is lose. If people say they hate the Canucks, they're probably just bitter and/or jealous.

I enjoyed the team being hated because their success made other people angry. I frankly miss that.

It was a good career for the Green Men. Kudos to them (and Bieksa for that cameo).

That's good to hear. Green men were part of the arrogance era. A big reason why other teams hate us. They were funny at times. Everyone has to retire though :)

You couldn't be more wrong...arrogant people are "above all that nonsense" and usually are too busy primping to have fun. The Green Men are about poking and having fun...can never have enough of that. I love that people hated them...it meant they got under their skin. That's a good thing. I don't want the other teams and their fans to adore us, means NOTHING. Arrogance is an image is everything deal...these guys couldn't be further away from that - they wore skintight green suits and did headstands for crying out loud. LOVED that they didn't take life or themselves too seriously. We need more of that.

Archived