The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Recall DeFazio

Drive-By Body Pierce

I would have preferred calling up Archibald but he's been terrible so far (injured?) and DeFazio's the only one in Utica with a bit of meat on him who can put points up too.

Here's what I think we'll see:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Jensen - Richardson - Hansen

Matthias - Horvat - DeFazio

Here's what I hope we'll see:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Higgins - Bonino - Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Vey

DeFazio - Horvat - Hansen

The only other player I've seen that plays like Dorsett is Tores. I highly doubt Defazio will play with even half of his energy. Defazip is a black hole offensively.

DeFazio will be fine, stop hating for no reason. There is a solid reason that our management called him up over other choices. And we don't need any offense whatsoever from our 4th line call up...

DeFazio was a great choice to call up. He's earned a look by being a pro at both ends of the ice. Last year he was a sleeper call up, but didn't get a chance. He kinda reminds me of a Higgins/Hansen type player, lots of effort, some skill, and some speed.

The only other player I've seen that plays like Dorsett is Tores. I highly doubt Defazio will play with even half of his energy. Defazip is a black hole offensively.

Never heard the Dorsett/Torres comparison before. If anything, Dorsett plays more like Rypien did, especially since they both like/liked to hit clean and scrap..........and that's the last thing that Torres is known for because he's known for his dirty hits and ducking fights.

And since when do you call up a guy to play a fourth line role and expect him to be an offensive spark? I'll answer it for you, you don't.

And I'll take UticaHockey's expertise on the Comets play and players, considering how close he watches them and how knowledgeable and unbiased he is in his responses.

Kenins has played well and is improving enough to earn some 2nd line PP time. He would be a good choice too but DeFazio is more of a Dorsett type player and will slot right into that role.

Thanks for stepping in and giving us insight on the players we don't often get to see.

Archibald has been solid from wwhati have heard and seen

Archie has been fine but DeFazio is having a better year so far and earned the call up. They are both capable of playing similar roles of a checker on a fourth line but DeFazio has more skill and can surprise you offensively. Much better hands than Archie. Archie has had many opportunities in the offensive end this year but seems to have hands of stone when receiving passes that he could have scored on.

DeFazio is also very good on the PK and has two shorties this year. One with a burst of speed going down the left wing and a nice snipe from the circle and the other on a 2 on 1 with Jeffrey.

I would have preferred calling up Archibald but he's been terrible so far (injured?) and DeFazio's the only one in Utica with a bit of meat on him who can put points up too.

Here's what I think we'll see:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Bonino - Vey

Jensen - Richardson - Hansen

Matthias - Horvat - DeFazio

Here's what I hope we'll see:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen

Higgins - Bonino - Burrows

Matthias - Richardson - Vey

DeFazio - Horvat - Hansen

I thought Matthias Horvat and Richardson played as a line last night and played well, best line of the game for the nucks. I'd think they would stay together tonight.

I think vey is on the 4th and wouldn't be surprised if burrows is on the top line with Jensen on the second.

Why are you still posting? Yeah guess we called up Defazio to score a bunch of goals right!!!??

Jesus christ. :picard:

He brought absolutely nothing during his call ups last year. I honestly wouldn't even waste a roster spot on him at the nhl level. More open to giving others a shot.

He was solid during his first call up last year when playing on the third line with Kassian.

He was useless in his second call up.

Archived