The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hansen

Bakewalk

Like some of the other players, Hansen appears to have finally recovered from the 'Torts experiment'.

He gives 100% every night, is a fast skater and plays a great 2-way game. He should get +15g/30pts this season, which is about right for our Honey badger. A good 3rd liner playing on the 4th.

Like some of the other players, Hansen appears to have finally recovered from the 'Torts experiment'.

He gives 100% every night, is a fast skater and plays a great 2-way game. He should get +15g/30pts this season, which is about right for our Honey badger. A good 3rd liner playing on the 4th.

I fully agree. He seems to have recovered from last years anomoly as with some of the other players.

That's where Hansen belongs, on the 4th line or penalty kill. Watching him fill in for Vrbata was tough to watch. Oh he's scored some goals of late for sure. He must be sleeping better these night because before this little scoring spurt how many open chance break away chances did he flub up on? Lets not even talk about last season just this season.

Vancouver can upgrade at Hansen's position, he's peaked and I don't think he's big enough.

I'm staying with the big picture analytic here. He's ok for now but moving forward they want to get bigger. Vancouver can do better in this spot.

That's just the point... He gets the chances because of his speed, end of.

Please explain where you find a player as defensively sound, with his pace and scoring 25+ goals for the same or less cap than Hansen?

If not then it must just be dislike towards Hansen and nothing to do with ability..

Hansen takes care of his job. Coaches like that ....some one who's reliable game in game out. Frankly IMO he looks good with Dorsett, Vey is a bit of a gamble at that position... his compete level and defensive awareness looks suspect IMO..he has skill and I'm sure he'll develop the missing parts of his game as the season goes along

we have plenty of 3rd line grinders, and it's gotton old. Hansen isnt going to show more than he has. Not big enough for a checking line, not talented enough for a scoring line. I really think we need to ship out a couple of our grinders. -burrows,Hansen,Matthais,Richardson, - at least 2 need to go.

Our whole teams setup needs to change. Grow some balls, call up a couple rookies... Was only a few years ago the Hawks "kid line" tore up the NHL as a 3rd line. They managed to out score their problems with a fast 3rd scoring line. With hammer gone we won't keep winning games like we have, our D is real shallow now and we're in trouble without some adjustments. ill reserve some judgement for tonight's game, but I predict a real contender like Chicago is going to cut through van and its current D like butter.

In the off-season, I think we'll have to trade him. The cap might not go up and Hansen holds a 2.5M cap hit, I see our bottom 6 next season as: Matthias-Horvat-Kassian, Richardson-Vey-Dorsett.

We'll need to re-sign Tanev who will probably want around 3.5-4M, Stanton around 1-1.5M, Sbisa who we might not re-sign.

I'd rather sign a solid shutdown defenceman with the 2.5M we trade away.

Hansen is a good player, I like his game but he just doesn't seem to fit.

In the off-season, I think we'll have to trade him. The cap might not go up and Hansen holds a 2.5M cap hit, I see our bottom 6 next season as: Matthias-Horvat-Kassian, Richardson-Vey-Dorsett.

We'll need to re-sign Tanev who will probably want around 3.5-4M, Stanton around 1-1.5M, Sbisa who we might not re-sign.

I'd rather sign a solid shutdown defenceman with the 2.5M we trade away.

Hansen is a good player, I like his game but he just doesn't seem to fit.

Hansen is a very serviceable role player that I've always liked, unfortunately JB will have to give up something to get a good player and as much as I like Hansen it certainly seems that from a cap perspective and his asset value in a trade, Hansen will likely be a part of a package at the right time, most likely at the trade deadline. If not, I certainly wouldn't mind keeping his valuable skillset on the team, it's just that the cap situation makes that less likely.

I love it when Hansen scores. All the haters come out and justify themselves.

Entertaining but sadly ironic as he is the third best goal scorer on the team.

If Kassian had six goals on the year this board would be petitioning/demanding JB that he be moved into Vrbata's position ASAP.

The hard-working,defensively responsible Dane is lighting it up for the team.

I say trade one of those big guys that never learned how and refuse to back check.

Hard-working Hansen-winning.

Big dumb devotion-losing.

I love it when Hansen scores. All the haters come out and justify themselves.

Entertaining but sadly ironic as he is the third best goal scorer on the team.

If Kassian had six goals on the year this board would be petitioning/demanding JB that he be moved into Vrbata's position ASAP.

The hard-working,defensively responsible Dane is lighting it up for the team.

I say trade one of those big guys that never learned how and refuse to back check.

Hard-working Hansen-winning.

Big dumb devotion-losing.

patented nuck nit irony

chastises the 'haters'

proceeds to vent his signature hate

What is the deal with Hansen and why does everyone like him so much?

I am so sick and tired of watching this plug get one of the best chances for the Canucks every night only to have him bobble it or misplay it and it accumulates to nothing.

Why does he get a shot with the Sedins tonight in Anaheim? He is terrible and he will get a glorious chance and screw it up tonight for sure! Why would we not put a kid on the line with some hands for the night? Why doesn't Vey or Jensen get a chance, at least they got hands??? Also, burrows?

No Hands Hansen.

or

No Hands son.

Tire of this plug in our lineup and getting grade A chances, only to screw it up.

Just my 2 cents, flame away.

I think he heard you.

Hopefully his recent play shuts up all the "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" fans who want to toss Hansen under a bus.

That second goal against Chicago was pretty good for someone with no hands. Just sayin.

Hansen: 7 goals on the year. 4th liner. Do you really think the Canucks could trade him for someone who brings more than Hansen does? No chance.

Edit: Yeah, 8 goals now.

Archived