The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 2, Kesler 1

TheRussianRocket.

If anything, this road trip proved that we can at least compete with the Cali teams. Still don't think we're at Anaheim's, LA's, or SJ's level though... Miller basically won us the SJ game, the LA game was a total blow out and yes, the Ducks had quite a few injuries. Even WD said we weren't good enough.

Not good enough, you don't actually believe WD do you? He's just playing possum rope a dope, he'll we've got 11 wins the most in the NHL we just won 3-4 and picked up 6 pts.

WD's crazy like a fox in the hen house, wait till this team starts getting good and JB adds a few pieces.

Played much better in this one then the last two. Not the best first period but we didn't go down early, so we were always in the game. Started to outplay them in the 2nd and 3rd, other than the last 30 or so seconds in OT. Totally could have won it in regulation had they burried some of there good chances. Anderson was pretty much unbeatable though tonight, Lack also played good to though which was awesome to see.

As for the ending, it was perfect. Having Bonino score and Kesler miss. Stoked we were able to pick up 6 of the 8 points on this trip. Heck I would have been happy with 5. Excited to see the Canucks come back home and I'm expecting them to continue racking up wins and playing with confidence. I'm hoping next time we play the Kings, we show them that were for real. I know the Kings are really good but I don't think they'll stomp us that easily next time around.

Only blemish is that Kesler was able to completely shutdown Henrik.

Also, I was hoping Jensen and Horvat would play more. Jensen looked lively so I don't know why he wasn't on the first line when Hansen failed to generate any offence alongside the Sedins.

I really like Hansen but I think he is best utilized in a checking role. Great checker, not much of an offensive player.

Also, I was hoping Jensen and Horvat would play more. Jensen looked lively so I don't know why he wasn't on the first line when Hansen failed to generate any offence alongside the Sedins.

I really like Hansen but I think he is best utilized in a checking role. Great checker, not much of an offensive player.

After tonight, yes, Hansen should stay as a third or fourth line player.

I don't get how you think the Ducks out played us. Many Duck fans are clamoring about how they didn't have Perry. We didn't have Vrbata, Kassian or Dorsett

They also don't have Beauchemin, Fowler, Rackell and John Gibson, so if you're talking missing bodies, ANA definitely has more important pieces out of the lineup.

Anyways, the Ducks didn't outplay us, like you say, though.

Hate to say it, but in a 7 game series you're right. Same with healthy Canucks vs. healthy Sharks & Kings. Still, better than last year and it will only improve during Benning's administration. At least we can get some points from them now. Overall the road trip went well, but I still don't think we're at their level.

Honestly anything can happen come playoff time, teams that played well all season can be burnt out.

I'd credit Hansen more than Kesler if we are blaming who shut down Henrik

The 3 games vs California showed me we still need more weapons up front and big heavy players. We got banged around and physically dominated in the last 3 games which is a concern if we have to go 7 games with any of those teams.

What worries me is that even if we survive against one of those teams in one round, can we do it again in the next round?

Maybe for some - others are going a little overboard in their nastiness towards him.

It's kind of a natural reaction though. When a guy abandons ship and says "I want to go there" (to the opposition..a hated one at that) it's a bit of a slap in the face, even if somewhat understandable iin wanting a fresh start. He was still wearing our jersey but was eyeing up theirs? Of course people are wanting to prove him wrong in ditching his team.

How he did it?...wasn't cool. Basically checked out before he was officially checked out and handcuffed the team with his demands.

So be careful what you wish for is what our hostility represents. We're like the jilted ex who's getting great satisfaction in seeing the new beau prove him/herself to be a dud. Not that Anaheim's "a dud", but we wanted them to fail with him on board tonight and they did. And it's ok to feel that way.

I was a huge Kes fan...don't wish him any bad fortune but do wish for him to lose every game against us in a miserable fashion. I think it's normal. Didn't feel that way with many other of my favourites who moved on: TL, Bure, Gelinas, Jovo, Ohlund, Sami but somehow he's brought that out of some of us.

And he played a hard game that bordered on dirty with the Sedins. So he becomes one of the rats that I despise with that.

Cant you see how they all HATE each other? What a cancer.

They're still the three amigos, and what had gotten "stale" in the core.

3) Hansen does not belong anywhere near the top six and top PP unit :lol:

No doubt, but notice that it only took one period for Willie to realize that?

Burrows was probably the best Canuck tonight, and they deserved the win as they were clearly the better team in the last two periods. It was the Ducks who looked like the tired team in the third, with giveaways and being beaten to the puck.

So where's all the haters from last night? Yeah, just a couple making excuses because as predicted, the rest have gone back into hibernation under the rock from whence they slithered.

Archived