The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Point paces thus far!

-AJ-

Here's a look at what our players' current productions rates will produce over 82 games.

Remember, take this with a grain of salt, as there are going to be some oddities in a sample size as small as 17 games. Regardless, I found this interesting to look at, so I thought I'd share it :).

Pacesafter17games.png

Interesting things to note:

- Bonino on pace for 30+ goals

- Vrbata on pace for 29 goals in just 72 games

- Vey with a pretty solid rookie year

*Also, some of the stats pro-rate to 0 (ie. Horvat's points, Hamhuis' goals), but obviously, these exact paces are unlikely to pan out.

Another random thing - though I didn't post it, Miller is on pace for 53 wins, an NHL record, though it's highly improbable that his rate will be maintained. Still, it's impressive.

This will be a good year if every line can continue to contribute offensivly at this rate consistently through out the season. But I find the lack of offensive production from the defencemen a bit of a concern. But as mentioned, it's still early in the season and for all we know Edler could end up at 60points and Burrows could stop at 30 although it's unlikely.

I'd be happy if everyone kept pace obviously... But I know it probably won't happen. Not saying the team won't do well or better than now, just that paces seldom keep up.

Guys I think can pick it up

Henrik

Daniel

Bieksa

Edler

Tanev

Sestito

Hansen

Guys that may drop

Dorsett

Vey

Archived