The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Blue Jackets And Canucks

why would they want to trade away someone who fits in their top 6 for more bottom 6 help?

Because they have too many left wingers and lack depth at Center and right wing.

Hartnel, Dubinsky and Foligno say hi Elvis.

Edit : obviously he's expendable to a certain degree when u have those 3 players at the same position. That's the whole point. Yea sure you can put him in the top six. Playing his off wing. But that's not an ideal situation for him of the team. It would be like you mini moding a my little pony forum where You would, hopefully, be out of your element.

why would they want to trade away someone who fits in their top 6 for more bottom 6 help?

Because they have too many left wingers and lack depth at Center and right wing.

Hartnel, Dubinsky and Foligno say hi Elvis.

Edit : obviously he's expendable to a certain degree when u have those 3 players at the same position. That's the whole point. Yea sure you can put him in the top six. Playing his off wing. But that's not an ideal situation for him of the team. It would be like you mini moding a my little pony forum where You would, hopefully, be out of your element.

Ooh, burn. :rolleyes: But I'd hope all of us are out of our element on a My Little Pony forum - If you aren't, that says more about you than me.

But then you ignore a statement I'd already made that Jenner can play center as well as wing - not to mention he's doing so now in place of Dubinsky/Anisimov as their 2nd line center while they deal with injuries. I'll add to that though that Hartnell was slated more for the 2nd line with Foligno being a top 9 (or vice versa) and then having Jenner on the first line as he was at the end of last year.

You can think all you want that he's redundant for them, but clearly he's not at the moment with all their injuries and even if they're healthy they aren't about to move a young prospect who's already performing well for them. The return you offer does even less to convince them otherwise.

Ooh, burn. :rolleyes: But I'd hope all of us are out of our element on a My Little Pony forum - If you aren't, that says more about you than me.

But then you ignore a statement I'd already made that Jenner can play center as well as wing - not to mention he's doing so now in place of Dubinsky/Anisimov as their 2nd line center while they deal with injuries. I'll add to that though that Hartnell was slated more for the 2nd line with Foligno being a top 9 (or vice versa) and then having Jenner on the first line as he was at the end of last year.

You can think all you want that he's redundant for them, but clearly he's not at the moment with all their injuries and even if they're healthy they aren't about to move a young prospect who's already performing well for them. The return you offer does even less to convince them otherwise.

Lol! Good points Elvis. A guy can dream.

Just want to know how people are seriously considering this to be a bad deal for a team relying on Foligno as their top 6 point getter at the moment.

They just had a solid season and are following it up yet again with an absolute stinker. They've a derth of prospects clammering to enter the league yet need to compete as is to keep fan interest up when the Buckeyes and college NCAA hockey has a larger following than an NHL team

While I am unsure of Matthias and Hansen get the deal done, the value is not far off and it isn't like Jenner is displaying anything more than bottom 6 center at the moment or potential top 9 winger.

Frustrates me to no end that people really think everyone else on any other team is worthy of a roster player and a pick and a prospect....

Not arguing that and I qualify that by stating that I don't know if that's the deal that gets it done, but offering a pick, prospect AND roster player is just...

Come on Elvis, you know what I am trying to say.

CDC offering up the farm for "potential" again

What farm exactly? Maybe a dirt farm. I realize you're most likely responding to the Jensen proposal, but in fact BJ would at least command Jensen but then it makes no sense even by your own words, given that CBJ has to sell tickets. While you claim BJ has proved little well guess what, NJ has proved even less so maybe your value is off.

You clearly stated you felt the op's trade was close which is pretty ridiculous, then you kinda back track when called on it. You also point out being a 2nd rounder, what does that matter? Shroeder was a 1st rounder, how is that working out?

Would you trade a very good young player on our team for a 3rd liner with a ntc and 3rd/4th line centre is a pending ufa?

What farm exactly? Maybe a dirt farm. I realize you're most likely responding to the Jensen proposal, but in fact BJ would at least command Jensen but then it makes no sense even by your own words, given that CBJ has to sell tickets. While you claim BJ has proved little well guess what, NJ has proved even less so maybe your value is off.

You clearly stated you felt the op's trade was close which is pretty ridiculous, then you kinda back track when called on it. You also point out being a 2nd rounder, what does that matter? Shroeder was a 1st rounder, how is that working out?

Would you trade a very good young player on our team for a 3rd liner with a ntc and 3rd/4th line centre is a pending ufa?

We don't really have a very good young player like that to trade, nor do we have the massive injuries and waning fan base. So the question while valid; is moot. But for the record, we did a similar trade to that with Hodgson and Kassian. Young player for young player. Did either Buffalo or Van offer up some ridiculous package for either player? Which is where my comments about people suggesting come in.

CBJ has a scary amount of early injuries, a state population that would rather watch the College program, a new GM, a year like last they need to replicate AND most importantly a glut of solid (very solid) forward prospects. I point out the 2nd rounder and his stats to other posters who for whatever reason think that 33 points in a career is worth a roster player, 1st and decent prospect.

Because so often people quote "potential" for disturbing overpayment suggestions

My original comment was to all of those making those suggestions on Jenners' worth, and as to why the idea of warm NHL ready bodies would be appealing to a team in CBJs position this early in the season.

Elvis replied with a sound logical reason as to why a 2nd line player might need to be involved.

That's about the meat of the conversation really to date.

Archived