The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could make one RATIONAL trade..

Staal2Staal

a big talented winger for the 2nd line. someone like evander kane although I still have faith kassian can make that jump with his toolset...He's still only 23!! I would like to see him with bonino but the 2nd line is rolling right now.

Corrado or Stanton and Matthias or Hansen and a 2nd for Larsson in NJ.

Screw people claiming "potential" he's been in the league nearly 4 seasons and is in the AHL as often as the NHL and on the 5-6 pairing as often as the bench this year.

He's not working out in NJ right now and it shows.

Barring that a 2015 2nd, 2016 3rd and one of Gaunce or Cassels for either Theodore out of Anaheim or Pouliot out of Pittsburgh. Reason being, Theodore is a smooth skating RHD which we need and Pouliot has nothing but potential and experience with Cederholm (which is huge) and is currently locked behind Maata Letang and coming off of a serious shoulder injury which has cost him almost a season of development.

Cannot wait to re-visit this one in a while and see how these get trashed because of "potential"

Sedins for John Scott and 12 first round picks.

We need to add something. John Scott has size which we need for the playoffs (see other thread) and at the beginning of the year was on one of the leagues leading scorers (see other thread) and that means he can finish so John Scott is a playoff performer and we need those.

Corrado or Stanton and Matthias or Hansen and a 2nd for Larsson in NJ.

Screw people claiming "potential" he's been in the league nearly 4 seasons and is in the AHL as often as the NHL and on the 5-6 pairing as often as the bench this year.

He's not working out in NJ right now and it shows.

Barring that a 2015 2nd, 2016 3rd and one of Gaunce or Cassels for either Theodore out of Anaheim or Pouliot out of Pittsburgh. Reason being, Theodore is a smooth skating RHD which we need and Pouliot has nothing but potential and experience with Cederholm (which is huge) and is currently locked behind Maata Letang and coming off of a serious shoulder injury which has cost him almost a season of development.

Cannot wait to re-visit this one in a while and see how these get trashed because of "potential"

It doesn't matter what you think of potential because only thing that matters is what the NJ gm thinks and I don't think NJ GM has lost faith in yet Larsson so the trade will not happen right now, maybe if it continues of another year or two.

It doesn't matter what you think of potential because only thing that matters is what the NJ gm thinks and I don't think NJ GM has lost faith in yet Larsson so the trade will not happen right now, maybe if it continues of another year or two.

Guess we will see

4th + conditional 2016 4th for Zbynek Michalek if Arizona is totally out of it at the deadline. I'd probably make a move for his brother out of Ottawa too if we have injuries and Ottawa has fallen down the standings.

Both are underrated players in my books.

Trading all the poop in the world won't land you a diamond.

Matthias, Hansen, Stanton will get you players like Matthias, Hansen, Stanton, or possibly a good player as part of a cap dump.

If you want Gallager or any Elite young player, you need to give up an elite young player.

Why is this so hard to understand?

A young player proven in the NHL is at the highest preimium and requires the highest preimium to obtain.

To Van

Gallager

To Montreal

Horvat

For example.

What would that trade be?

-smells lIke a thread for [proposals]

-you might have set the bar a little high "rational" isn't a common theme around these parts

-My trade would be a young D-man that is an upgrade on weber. Someone who is ready now but has a ton of potential. Trade fodder would be Jensen, Mattias and a goalie (lack, markstrom, Eriksson)

Archived