The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

The stuff about Kes: the snippet pre game was perfect....a little something in acknowledgement of his time here but let's face it, he went to the heated rival and we were playing them. Of course it had to be short/sweet in order to focus and send the message "we don't care who you are (any longer)". The loyalty is to the guys still on the bench, not the ones sitting across from them. It was enough to say "hey, he was an exciting member of this team" but didn't dwell on "him". It's about "team" - in particular, "this" team. So no, he's a Duck now and it's their job to praise and build him up.

The booing? - don't like it but, oddly enough, grew to. I think at the onset I felt it was a slap in the face but as the game progressed, it's just fun and part of it. When he said "it hurt"....well, those are the same feelings that we experienced when hearing he was ditching this city. I guess what goes around comes around. He was one of my favourites, but it is what it is. Don't let the door hit ya.

To the guy expressing his disappointment in the game? Back to back with a really tough team....to come back from a deficit and even give yourself a chance? That's something. They didn't roll over and die, they ran out of gas and it happens. Especially when missing a couple of key players. You won't get much out of sports if you took nothing away from that game last night.

Tanev: he played a lot of minutes (as did Edler) on a back to back. He also blocked a few shots and one stung. Wasn't his best night, but he doesn't have too many like that so I'm not lingering too long on it. Sbisa was glaring to me at times and I do have concerns there. We'll see. He also did some good things so it balances out in that case.

I thought it was a valiant effort and am quite satisfied with the result. I also think Eddie did a great job in net.

Can someone explain to me why some folks on here are saying we can't compete against California teams? So far this season we've had 1 out and out blowout against the reigning Stanley Cup champion. And now one point lost because of a skills competition.

I'd say this year already we're doing better than last year, if California based teams are any kind of yardstick.

WD bush league move in the shootout decides to shoot second. You gotta play the percentages in those situations especially when 70% of the time the team that shoots first wins. No reason to go second.

What is bush league is your stats on the winning percentage of the team that shoots first. That being said, i get your point about WD.

Can someone explain to me why some folks on here are saying we can't compete against California teams? So far this season we've had 1 out and out blowout against the reigning Stanley Cup champion. And now one point lost because of a skills competition.

I'd say this year already we're doing better than last year, if California based teams are any kind of yardstick.

have to admit . I was really impressed by the game last night .

from the beginning I have said that I dont believe the canucks could possibly contend against the california teams but last night gave me hope

You seriously don't know why we boo'ed him tonight?

The guy left us hanging, jumped ships, when we needed him the most. He took his ball home, sat in the corner, and cried until he got his wish, because he couldn't handle the media here. Did you ever see the Sedins leave us and go back to Sweden, way back when the media/fans were calling them the Sisters, for playing too soft? No. What about Edler, who been getting crapped on for the past 3 seasons by us, did he demand to be traded? No, in fact, he publicly stated, that he wouldn't waive his NTC.

As for Luongo, he did what's best for the team. He knew his time was up here, when both Schneider and Lack were outplaying him. So, he asked for a trade. He didn't leave us, when the team was at its low point, like Kesler.

Kesler isn't a Sedin type player. He's no Linden by any means. He just wants to win.

Kesler gave this team 10 years of mileage. He clearly got fed up of the media and criticism and rumours surrounding him of his attitude and at the end, the team wanted to go a different direction than Kesler would've liked and he requested out cause he wants to win. I see nothing wrong with that. Had the team made some moves to bolster up and remain a top dog, he probably would've stayed. He only left cause managemrnt told him they were going an opp route with youth introduced and etc.

Again, Kes is a winner, not a leader. He's not a Linden and I respect that. Everyone is different in their own ways and he did all he could. If he wants out to have a better chance than so be it. Give credit where credit is due.

I was at the game and did cheer him when he first came out on the ice! His first appearance it sounded about 50/50 cheering and booing. (that may have just been my section though). It would have been much better if they had mentioned he was back, and then showed a video or something of Kesler moments. There was a Kesler video, but it just started playing and they didn't really announce anything until after (and it was just him scoring, which seemed like a bad thing to be promoting) So no chance to cheer him until after game started, and once the puck drops hes the enemy!

I do wish there had been more cheering since no matter how he left he was here for a long time, but the people in the seats are there to be entertained, and heckling the opposing team is entertaining!

It was fun to thank him for the turnover...

And wow Getzlaf is rather large when hes standing beside other hockey players!

So much fun to be at that game!

At least he didn't leave a 'contender' for a 'bottom feeder' claiming he wanted to win, but with the purpose of signing a massive contract. *cough* ehrhoff *cough*

That can be said about both Hoff and lui. But neither went to a division arch rival. There's a reason iginla or forsberg never came back to play for a division rival. Those guys are just two examples. It's a sign of respect for the city that supports you for ten years. The very least you can do is not go to a rival team in the same division

That can be said about both Hoff and lui. But neither went to a division arch rival. There's a reason iginla or forsberg never came back to play for a division rival. Those guys are just two examples. It's a sign of respect for the city that supports you for ten years. The very least you can do is not go to a rival team in the same division

Yeah because Kesler would go to a bottom feeder right? Geez give it a rest Apollo your hatred is discerning.

He's moved on, why can't you do the same.

Shneider and the Devils are coming to Van after they play Calgary, has Schneider played against the Nucks last year? I can't remember. Do you think you guys will boo him?

He played here back at the beginning of last season. They crowd didn't boo him then and I don't imagine they will now.

Kesler isn't a Sedin type player. He's no Linden by any means. He just wants to win.

Kesler gave this team 10 years of mileage. He clearly got fed up of the media and criticism and rumours surrounding him of his attitude and at the end, the team wanted to go a different direction than Kesler would've liked and he requested out cause he wants to win. I see nothing wrong with that. Had the team made some moves to bolster up and remain a top dog, he probably would've stayed. He only left cause managemrnt told him they were going an opp route with youth introduced and etc.

Again, Kes is a winner, whiner not a leader. He's not a Linden and I respect that. Everyone is different in their own ways and he did all he could. If he wants out to have a better chance than so be it. Give credit where credit is due.

fixed

Yeah because Kesler would go to a bottom feeder right? Geez give it a rest Apollo your hatred is discerning.

He's moved on, why can't you do the same.

Read again buddy. There's many elite teams not in our division that would have loved to trade for him.

At least half the crowd was booing him last night. I'll continue to do so if I pay top dollar to go to a game he's at.

Archived