The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 20 Overrated NHL Players

vcrguy

Absolutely Sidney Crosby. Not sure why people think he's Gretzky-like when he is not even close to being as dominant as Gretzky (or Lemieux) was in their prime. I mean Gretz scored almost twice as many points as the number two guy for a few years. I mean Crosby is behind Voracek and Seguin in scoring right now... wtf? And it's not like he's this defensive ace to make up for his lack of offensive domination. Insert his concussion problems, just one cup (due largely to Malkin), ugliness, and robotic personality that is pretty unmarketable comparatively, and you have easily the most overrated player of this generation. He's not Gretzky. And he never will be.

So I have yet to see evidence that people think he is an equal to Gretzky? Who are those people? Who cares if Crosby is behind Voracek and Seguin after 20 games. Lets see them maintain their production over the length of the season. Not a single player will be close to Crosby by the end of the season, just like last year when the scoring race was over in like December. Also if you want to discuss teammates both Seguin and Voracek play with significantly better line mates and they still won't come close to maintaining Crosby's pace.

Crosby has dominated his generation offensively, there was a time when Ovechkin came close due to the inflated number of PPs at the end of the lockout but that is no more.

Also lol at you using his concussion problems as a knock against him. I guess Orr sucks because knees didn't hold up or a guy like Forsberg wasn't that great because he couldn't stay healthy.

Yeah you need a team to win a Cup, the Penguins don't win that year without Crosby either. I guess we are completely forgetting that Gretzky played on possibly the greatest team ever assembled in the NHL. He had a HOF and one of the best wingers ever in Kurri playing alongside him.

Ugliness? Are you talking about Crosby's looks? Aside from puck bunnies no one gives a hoot about what Crosby looks like.

"Robotic personality that is pretty unmarketable comparatively" Gretzky was the most articulate of speakers was he? Listen to a Gretzky interview and tell me whether you found what he said interesting. The guy once said that Kyle Turris had the best hockey sense. Again the real hockey fans don't care about how a player interviews. Gretzky wasa notorious whiner during his early playing days and he was far from a person that kept the masses entertained using just his words.

If he were on your team you would worship him but finding silly reasons to bash him just tells me that you are jealous that he does not play for your team. Its ok though 10 years from now when there is another star in the league, you will be saying that one is overrated and not comparable to Crosby.

Absolutely Sidney Crosby. Not sure why people think he's Gretzky-like when he is not even close to being as dominant as Gretzky (or Lemieux) was in their prime. I mean Gretz scored almost twice as many points as the number two guy for a few years. I mean Crosby is behind Voracek and Seguin in scoring right now... wtf? And it's not like he's this defensive ace to make up for his lack of offensive domination. Insert his concussion problems, just one cup (due largely to Malkin), ugliness, and robotic personality that is pretty unmarketable comparatively, and you have easily the most overrated player of this generation. He's not Gretzky. And he never will be.

Benn/Spezza vs Giroux/Schenn or Simmonds vs Comeau/Kunitz or Hornqvist

Archived