The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Oilers booed outside locker room

NatureBoy

Yeah, I defanetly feel bad for the Oilers, both the team and the fans. I don't know how much more it will take for ownership to say, hey weve got a problem, lets change up the management and see if we can make some changes, possibly make some blockbuster trades, change the dynamics of the team and hope for a competitive outcome in as short a period as possible. The building threw draft thing isnt working for them, they, like Calgary and Winnipeg have trouble attracting big name free agents, so its gonna be tough, but they need to find someone who can work some magic in management and try to build a respectable club again. Things really fell apart hard after Pronger cried his way out of there, and the Penner deal which cost them all those 1st round picks, helped shape Anaheim into what they are today but just put the OIlers back 5 years in development. I would really love to see them be a competitive team somehow.

But I mean even watching them, as soon as they go down by a goal they go into limp mode, its like they give up all hope if they have to erase even a one goal deficit. The only games Ive seen them fightback in with any sort of intensity were the Vancouver games.

Bingo.

Right now if I were an Oiler player, I'd already be making my checklist for where I wanted to end up once my contract was up.

That's the catch 22 of this rebuild.

While the chances that McDavid or Eichel end up there increase daily and may save them from this hilarious ineptitude. Its very likely that Hall and others may jump ship the minute they become UFA'S. Edmonton's not exactly a holiday destination.

I can't believe the management still has jobs. Could you imagine what state our team would be if Benning didnt get anything for Kesler other than picks. Didn't get Miller , Dorsett, Vrbata and Vey. Came into the year banking on Horvat as #2 center.

At this point i wouldn't be surprised if McDavid pulled a Lindros if they drafted him.

Seems just a couple weeks ago Edmonton was withdrawing from the McDavid Sweepstakes. Just a bit confusing, that franchise has loads of talent on paper but doesn't jive well on the ice. I can sympathize with the fans frustrations but not a fan of the booing/slurs.

It's like they saw how you guys were struggling and seemed like a lock for the 1st overall pick so the veteran group of losers picked up their sucking to a whole nother level LOL.

It seems that way. After last night, I think those players are totally demoralized. The Oilers fans may have unknowingly gotten themselves McDavid or Eichel with that stunt.

Would rather see McDavid as an Oiler then a Sabre though, at least then I'd get to see him play alot more :P.

You would end up feeling bad for him. I'd like to see him play with and lead the stable of up and coming young players that the Sabres have. He would be wasted for 3 years in Edmonton.

Would rather see McDavid as an Oiler then a Sabre though, at least then I'd get to see him play alot more :P.

I'd rather see him in bed with my mom before seeing him as either. Tanking is for losers, both teams have the mentality of losers. LOSERS!

Oilers fans are truly bottom feeding scum. They should have stayed in their seats and started a Fire Lowe chant instead of taking it out on the players.

Well maybe that turd Ference, but outside of him? They don't deserve that.

Typical BS from Deadmonton.

But we're Vancouver fans Philip, what do we know, we don't even have ice here.

I have a feeling they're going to deal their 2015 1st for a so-so 'top center'. Stepan? Nyquist? Huberdeau? Granlund? Wilson/Smith?

Colin Wilson could be had cheap I think given his performance this year.

If I'm Nashville I'd trade him for a high 2nd rounder or similar prospect.

So much raw talent, so little on-ice organization.

I don't know if its coaching or if its deeper issues.

They need to make a trade to build more balance through their lineup, but that's also a trade that could be really easy to screw up if they aren't careful. I don't mean they should move a good young player for aging vet, they need a good young Ekblad or something to stabilize their blueline.

Archived