The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat is blossoming into a complete player right in front of us

*Buzzsaw*

Hodgson scores a massive shot against Thomas off the bar and in top corner. Hodgson is the next cam neely. Hodgson gets traded, Hodgson is the bullet we dodged

2014. Horvat has a few points in a few games, decent on the dot. Horvat is the next cam neely and we need to get his spot ready in the RoH NAO!

Calm down people...1 solid game. That's it. Excited sure, but watch Schneider shut him down and get a goose egg against the Nucks next game and people will be demanding we send him down after his 9th game....

Not blossoming, but he is establishing the strong parts of his game at this level, which is awesome to see. Every other team in the league has young guys contributing, it's nice that Horvat is helping the Canucks out in that regard. Looks like a very key guy for many years down the road.

Consistency still needs to be shown. I'm still holding my breath on the kid.

Lets settle down. He's 19 and had one exceptional game. There's probably going to be quite a few nights this season where he's going to look like the kid he is.

Exactly. Sean Monahan had 6 goals and 9 points in his first 9 games, which forced Calgary to keep him. He scored only 16 goal and 25 points the rest of the way, which is decent for a 19-year-old rookie, but marked with inconsistencies.

Bo got a lot of good bounces to get 3 assists last night. He made a great play to Dorsett on the breakout pass then stick checking the defender so that the puck goes through to Hansen on the 1st goal. I'd say this was really the only one of the three assists where he had a direct impact on the goal.

Then on a defensive zone faceoff, Dorsett gave Bo a winger's win (the puck went to the side and Toews drew it more towards the Blackhawks, but Dorsett jumped up and got the puck before the Hawk player did), skated down the ice, chipped it to himself and threw it on net with Hansen deflecting it in for his 2nd goal - I suppose you could say Bo gave Dorsett a chance to get him the winger's win by making the draw not a clean one. Hansen's last goal I didn't even know Horvat touched it since it was a scramble and Higgins threw the puck up in the air for Hansen to chase down.

That being said, Bo also created a lot of other great scoring chances where he should have gotten a point or two, so it all works out in the end. If he got all the bounces, he could have had 5-6 points last night.

Bo is making a serious case to stay up just like Monahan did, but if he does stay, we should expect some stretches where Bo doesn't produce much due to inconsistency (growing pains). He's not going to be getting the bounces he did last night all the time.

I think one thing that's getting overshadowed here in this thread is Bo's faceoff prowess last night. And not in general. I am talking about when he went up against Toews. Beat him EVERY TIME!!! how many rookie centers can say that in their 1st game vs the Hawks?! Now, I still don't know if Bo stays, but one more good game will cement it, I think. The question we should be asking is does he get loaned to the WJs. I still hope he does.

Everytime I watch this kid, I get a huge dumb grin on my face... I feel like we won the lottery. :P

Everything you could want in a young prospect is there.

1) Poise

2) Defensive positioning

3) Soft hands with the puck around the net

4) Anticipation

5) Physicality

6) Faceoff skills

7) Passing skills

People are asking if he's gonna kept up in the big leagues???

ARE YOU KIDDING??? I think this kid is going to be centering the 3rd line by the mid point in the season. ;)

Bo just turned our 4th line into the 3rd line...Bo's line got 14 + minutes last game Richardson's line got about 11 minutes.

There is now only a top line and 3 second lines!

Exactly. Sean Monahan had 6 goals and 9 points in his first 9 games, which forced Calgary to keep him. He scored only 16 goal and 25 points the rest of the way, which is decent for a 19-year-old rookie, but marked with inconsistencies.

Bo got a lot of good bounces to get 3 assists last night. He made a great play to Dorsett on the breakout pass then stick checking the defender so that the puck goes through to Hansen on the 1st goal. I'd say this was really the only one of the three assists where he had a direct impact on the goal.

Then on a defensive zone faceoff, Dorsett gave Bo a winger's win (the puck went to the side and Toews drew it more towards the Blackhawks, but Dorsett jumped up and got the puck before the Hawk player did), skated down the ice, chipped it to himself and threw it on net with Hansen deflecting it in for his 2nd goal - I suppose you could say Bo gave Dorsett a chance to get him the winger's win by making the draw not a clean one. Hansen's last goal I didn't even know Horvat touched it since it was a scramble and Higgins threw the puck up in the air for Hansen to chase down.

That being said, Bo also created a lot of other great scoring chances where he should have gotten a point or two, so it all works out in the end. If he got all the bounces, he could have had 5-6 points last night.

Bo is making a serious case to stay up just like Monahan did, but if he does stay, we should expect some stretches where Bo doesn't produce much due to inconsistency (growing pains). He's not going to be getting the bounces he did last night all the time.

Quite frankly Bo doesn't have to produce as much as Monahan to be as valuable. Bo's game is more complete that is the beauty of this player.

Just winning faceoffs, sound D., winning puck battles and his solid all around game are enough to keep him here, points are bonus.

I am just glad everyone is starting to see what he brings...finally.

Lets settle down. He's 19 and had one exceptional game. There's probably going to be quite a few nights this season where he's going to look like the kid he is.

agree completely. That said, I don't see how they send him down now, based on faceoffs alone. I've reveresed my opinion form the off season somewhat........he should probably stay even if he's only getting 10 mins a night and an occassional game in the pressbox. He's beyond Juniors......however, I think they should still release him to the WJHC.

agree completely. That said, I don't see how they send him down now, based on faceoffs alone. I've reveresed my opinion form the off season somewhat........he should probably stay even if he's only getting 10 mins a night and an occassional game in the pressbox. He's beyond Juniors......however, I think they should still release him to the WJHC.

You two are slow are see Bo's value, he finally got some playing time... over 14 minutes which is 3rd line minutes.

Bo is the type of player who won't be disappearing, he won't get 3 points every night but he will help us win every night.

Just watch....

Bo won the dot, that's how he got two of the assist he had, not like a really smart play when he passes to the open guy or worked in the boards looking for the open guy to pass to

The smart play was Willie giving Bo minutes so that he could be in to win those faceoffs...no faceoff win...no goals.

Bo is consistent, I have only seen a couple of inconsequential mistakes in his 8 games played. The rest of the bottom six make a mistake every other shift, bad pass, poor clear, missed assignment, etc.

Archived