The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] The Bruins would like to add some 'heaviness'

GMJB

I think they are really feeling the pain of not having Chara. They are not the same powerhouse they once were.

If that's the case, just adding size won't help them.

Pure weight doesn't necessarily make you tough anyways. It's about the attitude. Would rather take a strong, lean, fast player who skates fast and hits hard at 190 than a 240 pound lard ass that can't catch up to anyone, let alone hit them. Rick Rypien was small and tough as anyone because he was strong and had good skills.

Only really toughness they have right now is Lucic and Miller.

And I feel Lucic has definitely lost the respect and intimidation factor around the league. He's just as big as before, but toughness is partly mental and I think guys just view him as a whiner and a rat now.

They need that tough D-man on the back-end. They lost Boychuk, McQuaid, Ference. Need to add more to it, all they got left is Chara, Miller, but Hamilton is getting a mean streak going. Need to add a guy like Matt Greene, maybe they can get Barrett Jackman but he'll cost a pretty penny. Anthony Camara is coming along, kid is mean was mean in the juniors. Add a guy like Nolan to the 4th line and get rid of Gagne or Rinaldo.

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Soderberg-Kelly-Fraser

Paille-Campbell-Nolan

I think they gotta get rid of Eriksson for a more tougher guy, like Dubinsky.

Chara-Hamilton

Jackman-McQuaid

Krug-Miller

Gotta get rid of Seidenberg, pretty tough line-up but they're battling injuries right now. They gotta push for a spot because Chara getting up there and I don't know if Hamilton can fill that void just yet.

I'd throw up on the spot if Kassian was traded to Boston. That has Cam Neely 2.0 written all over it.

I would want the trade to happen just to see that.

Seriously thHough, Kass would be perfect for Boston.

Kass plays best with a powerful forward on the opposite wing (Foligno in the wjc/ahl, Archibald with the Wolves, Booth last year, Matthias this year) and the same goes for Lucic, who hasnt looked the same this year without a powerforward like Horton or Iginla(he even played great with Bitz) on his wing.

kass can pass, Lucic can score

Lucic creates space, Kass creates plays with extra space

Chiarelli wants a heavy forward that can produce, win battles, and protect the puck. Sounds like Kassian if he had a winger that could score 30.

Kass plays best with a powerful forward on the opposite wing (Foligno in the wjc/ahl, Archibald with the Wolves, Booth last year, Matthias this year) and the same goes for Lucic, who hasnt looked the same this year without a powerforward like Horton or Iginla(he even played great with Bitz) on his wing.

Chiarelli wants a heavy forward that can produce, win battles, and protect the puck. Sounds like Kassian if he had a winger that could score 30.

It does yes. But I'd only even consider trading Kassian if Boston offered us something we couldn't refuse. I mean I hate to say it but Marchand is probably the kind of player it would take and who Benning would look at. I was cringing while typing that.

So why unload him to Boston...sounds like something the Canucks should be thinking about to me.

But I could see him heading to Beantown if anywhere because of Bennings connections there.

They still must be kicking themselves by trading Seguin

Yeah, I still don't get this trade. The rumor seems to suggest that Seguin is this immature jerk but why would you trade 2nd overall pick based on that? Can't you try and tame him to buy into being on your team?

And what's with this Kassian to Bruins suggestions? Kassian is needed and important to this team. Take him out and we have a big hole in our lineup. You can get size. You can get skill. But you rarely get someone with blend of size + skill.

And what's with this Kassian to Bruins suggestions? Kassian is needed and important to this team. Take him out and we have a big hole in our lineup. You can get size. You can get skill. But you rarely get someone with blend of size + skill.

I wouldn't trade Kassian at this point of his career... Probably my favprite player on the team.

With that however, i can see Kass doing well in a Bruins uniform.

They're going to have big issues next off-season signing Krug, Hamilton, Smith and Soderberg. At least 2 of them are going to have to be let off, and Boston are going to have to replace their minutes with either kids (Joe Morrow) or a bunch of cheap UFAs.

Matthias plus our 1st rounder (or 2nd + Markstrom) for Morrow. The kid is not going to crack that top-4 any time soon, and this way they can let Soderberg walk and give 15 minutes a night to Matthias. Huge down-grade but that's what happens when you out-smart the cap for a couple of seasons.

I don't think any team is going to give this years 1st away.

Archived