The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] The Bruins would like to add some 'heaviness'

GMJB

Kassian is not Cam Neely 2.0.1

I like Kass, but he isn't going to EVER get 50 goals in 50 games nor lead an NHL team in scoring. I could see him leading some 3rd lines in scoring, but that's about it...

There's a lot of rain in Vancouver; a lot.

Boston's current roster comes in at 197.8 lbs. according to The Hockey News tale of the tape. That's slightly less than the Canucks (198.1 lbs.). With Lucic having his lunch handed to him by Prout, looks like the snarl is gone from the bear den.

My call about a week ago was Gazdic,

We'll see who they get

They're going to have big issues next off-season signing Krug, Hamilton, Smith and Soderberg. At least 2 of them are going to have to be let off, and Boston are going to have to replace their minutes with either kids (Joe Morrow) or a bunch of cheap UFAs.

Matthias plus our 1st rounder (or 2nd + Markstrom) for Morrow. The kid is not going to crack that top-4 any time soon, and this way they can let Soderberg walk and give 15 minutes a night to Matthias. Huge down-grade but that's what happens when you out-smart the cap for a couple of seasons.

Not necessarily. Krug, Hamilton and Smith are all RFAs. Hamilton for certain does not qualify for salary arbitration, and I believe neither Krug or Smith do either. So, the Bruins have at least one year where they hold the hammer on the contracts, and I'm sure they'll use it to their advantage.

It seems to me that under the current CBA, not a lot of teams are willing to open the vault for players on their ELC+1 and ELC+2 contracts, which IMO is a good thing. It pushes the big contracts out on players like Hamilton, Krug and Smith out until they are 24 years and older, which IMO is reasonable.

The Edmonton signings of Hall and Eberle to their ELC+1 contracts (all pre current CBA) are about the stupidest thing any GM/owner could have done. And they went and made the same mistake with RHN after the CBA kicked in.

That's insulting to Kassian.

We don't need any of those scumbags on our team. Plus, our guys play to honest to fit into that organizational culture.

Kassian, honest?

He's not that far away from a dirty play style. You still see glimpses of it now when you can tell he isn't thinking. He was suspended not that long ago as well.

I'm sure Kassian could easily fit into the Bruins play style, and professional athlete could make a transition into an honest game. Obviously there's some Bruins that we all hate but many of them are clean.

You can say the Canucks are an honest team but 29 other team's fans think otherwise.

The Canucks could desperately use one of their young defencemen. Krug and Hamilton may seem like untouchables right now, but Joe Morrow would be a sweet pick-up.

They'd probably love a guy like Kassian, Matthias (to replace Soderberg cheaply), Gaunce or Jensen, and Morrow would fit nicely in our prospect pool. Give him a 40-40 split in the AHL-NHL next season and slowly work Morrow into our top-4 with Edler, Tanev and Sbisa or Stanton.

I think Stewart is a player that the Bruins could get more out of than he has shown for a few years.

I agree since Krejci and Lucic ( who i assume he would play with ) are really better offensively than anything he has played with since his days in Colorado where he was at his best. I think he could be a 25 goal 25 assist player in Boston.

Archived