The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

cyber monday thread

Tom Sestito

MacBook Air's on sale at Best Buy and Future Shop.

Was planning to buy one in September for my last year of my undergrad and for my masters but knew I should wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday so I wouldn't have to pay $1300 + $169 tax for it. Got it today for $999 (The 13.3 inch one).

I'm not an Apple guy at all, and my Samsung laptop has gone strong for the last 5 years since 2009. But it's starting to die on me now, battery off the charger has like a 20 minute hold, it's super heavy, and all my profs use Macs.

Gonna take some time to get used to iOS, but if not, at least Apple has allowed users to install Windows on MacBooks now.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/monster-monster-diesel-vektr-headphones-mh-desl-oe-mh-desl-oe/10180913.aspx

I got these for $40. It's a good deal on the surface for Monster headphones, especially with that sweet design, but they weren't on a Black Friday sale so much as they were out for clearance. They're only $50 even yet, so still fairly worth it. Though I guess you can only get them if you're out in Langley now.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/monster-monster-diesel-vektr-headphones-mh-desl-oe-mh-desl-oe/10180913.aspx

I got these for $40. It's a good deal on the surface for Monster headphones, especially with that sweet design, but they weren't on a Black Friday sale so much as they were out for clearance. They're only $50 even yet, so still fairly worth it. Though I guess you can only get them if you're out in Langley now.

Do you use them for casual or gaming?

How is it Bassi? Would you recommend it?

How does/could one use it for gaming?

How is it Bassi? Would you recommend it?

How does/could one use it for gaming?

They sound better than the ntune Monster ones, I know that much. I hate beats by dre, so I'd defnitely recommend it over any of their models. Gets muddy in comparison to some higher quality/priced seinheiser, bose and others of the like.

At that price though, it's hard to beat. I haven't tried it with gaming though. It does pick up fine sounds well, but i don't know if they give that full surround you need to catch that guy 5 steps around the corner. Maybe they do. I'll try it with some games and let you know.

Will you be out in Langley? Lol.

They sound better than the ntune Monster ones, I know that much. I hate beats by dre, so I'd defnitely recommend it over any of their models. Gets muddy in comparison to some higher quality/priced seinheiser, bose and others of the like.

At that price though, it's hard to beat. I haven't tried it with gaming though. It does pick up fine sounds well, but i don't know if they give that full surround you need to catch that guy 5 steps around the corner. Maybe they do. I'll try it with some games and let you know.

Will you be out in Langley? Lol.

Fair enough. I'm not necessarily that into gaming to the extent of needing to hear a pin drop off a grenade. Just wanted to know the extent of how multifaceted they are.

Good looking out by posting it, I'm going to try and cop a pair. As you said, for roughly $60 (after taxes?), not a bad deal at all.

Fair enough. I'm not necessarily that into gaming to the extent of needing to hear a pin drop off a grenade. Just wanted to know the extent of how multifaceted they are.

Good looking out by posting it, I'm going to try and cop a pair. As you said, for roughly $60 (after taxes?), not a bad deal at all.

Yeah, you can't go wrong at $50. These were $200+ when they came out, so that's the scale they're judged at. And they were more than passible at even that range. So I'd recommend it if you could get a hold of it.

alaskaair.com is having some pretty good deals going on right now for those who fly out of Seattle for selected dates, and ends tomorrow. I may even get in on the deal. San Francisco looks pretty enticing at $49 each way for selected flights and Calgary at $99, as well as other cities.

alaskaair.com is having some pretty good deals going on right now for those who fly out of Seattle for selected dates, and ends tomorrow. I may even get in on the deal. San Francisco looks pretty enticing at $49 each way for selected flights and Calgary at $99, as well as other cities.

who the **** would go to calgary? get the **** outta here

Archived