The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Marco Scandella fined $2,755.38

Wild's Scandella fined for illegal check to the head:

NEW YORK – Minnesota Wild defenseman Marco Scandella has been fined $2,755.38, the maximum allowable under the Collective Bargaining Agreement, for an illegal check to the head of St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie during NHL Game No. 351 in St. Paul on Saturday, November 29, the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety announced today.

The incident occurred at 8:45 of the first period. Scandella was assessed a minor penalty for illegal check to the head.

The money goes to the Players' Emergency Assistance Fund.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=741840

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8AaUvAzI3Q

I feel like we should have a fine/suspension thread for all fines and suspensions.

That said, fines are so minor that it really makes no difference. I don't know if there's a system in place for it, but I think being fined multiple times (3 times) should be equivalent to a suspension, which means you become a repeat offender.

Wouldn't mind if they had those type of hits and only gave out fines, I like big hits and old school hockey whether it's clean or dirty.

If Shea Weber headshot players quite a bit I wonder if they would suspend him (a star) compared to something like a #5-6 defenceman on a team.

Messy play with the puck bouncing around everywhere. Scandella looks like he's just trying to blow up Oshie for a clean shoulder to shoulder hit, but Oshie never regains a taller posture and Scandella ends up completely missing. I think his face gives it away that he was frustrated that he missed.

Wouldn't mind if they had those type of hits and only gave out fines, I like big hits and old school hockey whether it's clean or dirty.

If Shea Weber headshot players quite a bit I wonder if they would suspend him (a star) compared to something like a #5-6 defenceman on a team.

weber did slam zetterberg head first in the glass wwe style with no suspension, so I think you have your answer there.

Archived