The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Robert Bortuzzo Suspended 2 games for hit on Jagr

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This just happened in tonights game, and Jagr has not returned to the game, looks like it was Jagr's head that took most of the blow, possibly a suspension coming. Also according to NHL.com Patrick Elias and Stehpen Gionta left the game from injuries, and all 3 have not returned to the game.

Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Robert Bortuzzo will have a hearing Wednesday afternoon with the NHL Department of Player Safety for a late hit on New Jersey Devils forward Jaromir Jagr during a game Tuesday at Consol Energy Center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foCJqUxXhpk

PITTSBURGH -- New Jersey Devils forwards Jaromir Jagr and Patrik Elias sustained apparent injuries during the game against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday at Consol Energy Center.

Jagr was sent into the boards by Penguins defenseman Robert Bortuzzo with 2:03 remaining in the second period. Jagr remained on the ice for minutes as Devils trainers attended to him.

The former Penguin, who leads New Jersey with 15 points this season, received a round of applause from the crowd when he skated off the ice under his own power and down the runway.

Elias did not return following the first intermission after 5:09 of ice time in the period. Neither Jagr nor Elias returned for the start of the third period.

New Jersey also lost forward Stephen Gionta late in the first period. He seemed to favor his foot as he headed to the Devils locker room.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=742038&navid=nhl:topheads

Wtf guy in crowd lol "Jagr that's what you get for being a little *****"

Some people are just complete idiots. I'd love to see him say that to Jagr's face and not when he's on the ice injured and the coward is behind protective glass.

That hit was dirty as hell and definitely suspension worthy.

Meh, hockey play. Keep your head up, don't admire your pass. 1 game if any.

Well, excepting the fact he was passing right as he got hit in the head and wasn't "admiring his pass" at all, do you think it's a "hockey play" to hit someone where the head is the principle point of contact?

Seems a lot like the Rome hit in 2011 to me. Slightly late and a bit high. I've seen worse. I'd say 1 or 2 games at most. It wasn't a hit that only it the head. The head was sort of the principle point of contact, but there was some body contact as well. I could be wrong, but I feel like I've seen a lot of worse hits.

Archived