The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do Kassians' stats say he's on par with his development?

Sandro17

Power forwards take more time to develop. Normally what you'd do is you grab their stats and compare them to someone two years younger than they are who isn't a power forward.

Kassian is a 23 year old power forward. This means that in terms of development, his stats should be compared to 21 year old non-power forwards to gauge him. Looking at other players nwho were 21 years old or are 21 years old, is he on par with his development?

Power forwards take more time to develop. Normally what you'd do is you grab their stats and compare them to someone two years younger than they are who isn't a power forward.

Kassian is a 23 year old power forward. This means that in terms of development, his stats should be compared to 21 year old non-power forwards to gauge him. Looking at other players nwho were 21 years old or are 21 years old, is he on par with his development?

He's not a power forward, I'm not sure where this comes from. He's a big playmaker that will drop his gloves but he's in no way a power forward.

Firstly, I'm not convinced he is a "power forward" in the real sense of the word. He plays a peripheral passing game, not particularly strong on the boards and not enough speed to really leave defenders behind. Even his checking has looked patchy.

He's not a power forward, I'm not sure where this comes from. He's a big playmaker that will drop his gloves but he's in no way a power forward.

Depends what you call a power forward.

Would you call Nash a power forward or a sniper? Many would say a PF that can score.

Would Kassian be a PF that can pass?

Firstly, I'm not convinced he is a "power forward" in the real sense of the word. He plays a peripheral passing game, not particularly strong on the boards and not enough speed to really leave defenders behind. Even his checking has looked patchy.

get your eyes checked. He definitely has flaws in his game but those aren't them.

Everything in this post is BS. Nothing to see here people, move on.

Archived