The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Senators fire Paul Maclean

I'll bet that since the owner knows they are out of a playoff spot now and statistically they are highly unlikely to make the playoffs he fired MacLean to save money. They haven't started the fire sale yet just in case the players turn it around in the next couple weeks haha.

You still have to pay a fired coach

after being down 3-0 the sens captain prob took hold of the team and led the charge after having it out with the coach... who knows what was really said or how it comes down but its what created the spark for the sens to come back and win...

Bylsma is making $2M a year to not coach. If someone wants to hire him that contract disappears. Ottawa is not likely to pay a coach close to that. They went cheap and got a guy with no NHL head coaching experience. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, look at Willie D. Just Ottawa is a budget team and paying a coach that much while still paying MacLean would cut into money for players.

NHL lost a great mustache today. Oilers would be wise to give him alook.

I'm not so sure. The Oilers seem to be the place to go to kill your career as a coach. I mean how many coach's must they go through before they realise that there is more of problem than coaching. 4 coaches since 09/10 season is clearly a sign that coaching can only do so much.

Archived